|←||L&O, Episode 3.15||→|
|Production number: 68024|
First aired: 24 February 1993
| Teleplay By|
Robert Nathan & Walon Green
The absence of a weapon complicates the investigation of the killing of a young honors student, who stole from her family to support her drug habit.
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Michael Moriarty as Executive A.D.A. Benjamin Stone
- Richard Brooks as A.D.A. Paul Robinette
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Carolyn McCormick as Dr. Elizabeth Olivet (credit only)
- John Fiore as Detective Tony Profaci
- Donald Corren as Forensics Technician Medill
- Edie Falco as Defense Attorney Sally Bell
- David Lipman as Judge Morris Torledsky
- Mary Alice as Virginia Bryan
- Kelly Neal as Lucian Bryan
- Phyllis Yvonne Stickney as Miss Lee
- Nancy Ticotin as Miss Gomez
- Douglas Turner Ward as Fred Bryan
- Ebony Jo-Ann as Rosemary
- Leland Gantt as Jonas "Skate" Stark
- Brenda Denmark as Beverly Harris
- Fatima Faloye as Keisha White
- Dan Moran as Jack Guiness
- Frances Foster as Mary Tillar
- Rafael Báez as Angel Suarez
- John Quinn as Kelman
- Peggy Gormley as Hardy
- William Charlton as O'Brien
- Anthony Ruiz as Fowler
- Carl Jay Cofield as George Moore
- Burt Edwards as Sam Allen
- J.J. Clark as O'Connor
- Joe Gonzalez as Vasquez
- Matt Malloy as Burton
- Paul Schulze as Crime Scene Unit Technician Horan
- Michael Guess as Wesley
- "To my mother, Dawn will always be Queen of the Prom"
- – Lucien Bryan
- Mike Logan: We're looking for my cousin. His name is 'Skate'.
- Angel Suarez: He your cousin, brother? Your people have been sleeping in strange beds. You got stuff, maybe I heard him.
- "Yeah, a girl so stoned she thinks the day is 240 hours long."
- – Lennie Briscoe about Skate's alibi witness
- "That room needs a paint job. You need a better suit and the coffee stinks. Praise the Lord."
- – Jonas Stark
- Lucien Bryan: I read in the papers she was killed with his gun.
- Mike Logan: I read in the papers people are abducted by extraterrestrials. Look, your mother is right. We're doing our job.
- Fred Bryan: Where'd they raise you, Mr. Robinette? Scarsdale?
- Paul Robinette: Harlem.
- Fred Bryan: I never would have guessed.
- Paul Robinette: You may not believe this, but I'm truly sorry for what happened to your family. But you want us to bend the law. And we both know what it's like when there's one law for black and another for white. It was no good 50 years ago, it's no good now.
- Fred Bryan: You think the system's gonna change? You think we're gonna be equal? Call me when your kids grow up. Tell me how they're doing. The system's been against us for a long time. Maybe right now, it's gotta bend the other way.
Background information and notes
Episode scene cards
Grand Jury Room
Grand Jury Room
| Previous episode:|
"Promises to Keep"
| "Mother Love"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|