|←||L&O, Episode 3.15||→|
|Production number: 68024|
First aired: 24 February 1993
| Teleplay By|
Robert Nathan & Walon Green
An African- American junkie is murdered by her own mother.
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Michael Moriarty as Executive A.D.A. Benjamin Stone
- Richard Brooks as A.D.A. Paul Robinette
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Carolyn McCormick as Dr. Elizabeth Olivet (credit only)
Recurring cast Edit
- John Fiore as Detective Tony Profaci
- Donald Corren as Forensics Technician Medill
- Edie Falco as Defense Attorney Sally Bell
- David Lipman as Judge Morris Torledsky
Guest cast Edit
- Mary Alice as Virginia Bryan
- Kelly Neal as Lucian Bryan
- Phyllis Yvonne Stickney as Miss Lee
- Nancy Ticotin as Miss Gomez
- Douglas Turner Ward as Fred Bryan
- Ebony Jo-Ann as Rosemary
- Leland Gantt as Jonas "Skate" Stark
- Brenda Denmark as Beverly Harris
- Fatima Faloye as Keisha White
- Dan Moran as Jack Guiness
- Frances Foster as Mary Tillar
- Rafael Báez as Angel Suarez
- John Quinn as Kelman
- Peggy Gormley as Hardy
- William Charlton as O'Brien
- Anthony Ruiz as Fowler
- Carl Jay Cofield as George Moore
- Burt Edwards as Sam Allen
- J.J. Clark as O'Connor
- Joe Gonzalez as Vasquez
- Matt Malloy as Burton
- Paul Schulze as Crime Scene Unit Technician Horan
- Michael Guess as Wesley
"A girl so stoned she thinks the day is 240 hours long."
- - Lennie Briscoe
"To Mom, Dawn will always be the Queen of the Prom."
- - Lucien Bryan
"You may not believe this, but I'm truly sorry for what happened to your family. But you want us to bend the law. And we both know what it's like when there's one law for black and another for white. It was no good 50 years ago, it's no good now."
"You think the system's gonna change? You think we're gonna be equal? Call me when your kids grow up. Tell me how they're doing. The system's been against us for a long time. Maybe right now, it's gotta bend the other way."
- - Paul Robinette and Fred Bryan
"So, the mother should've allowed her daughter to shoot the family fortune into her arm?"
"Would you kick your daughter out just to save the family fortune?"
"My daughter could go through my family fortune in a day and a half."
- - Lennie Briscoe and Mike Logan
"Maybe you can help me -- I'm looking for my cousin. Name's 'Skate'."
"He's your cousin? Man, your family been sleepin' in strange beds."
- - Mike Logan and Angel Suarez
"I read in the papers she was killed with his gun."
"I read in the papers people are abducted by extraterrestrials."
- - Lucien Bryan and Mike Logan
"That room needs a paint job, you need a new suit, and the coffee stinks, praise the Lord."
- - Jonas Stark
"Where'd they raise you, Mr. Robinette? Scarsdale?"
"Never would have guessed."
- - Fred Bryan and Paul Robinette
Background information and notes Edit
- The episode "Mother Love" is a reference to the love Virginia Bryan felt for her daughter Dawn Bryan. Virginia thought it was best to kill her drug-addicted daughter in a mercy killing.
| Previous episode:|
"Promises to Keep"
| "Mother Love"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|