|"Myth of Fingerprints"|
|←||L&O, Episode 12.07||→|
|Production number: E2209|
First aired: 14 November 2001
| Teleplay By|
Aaron Zelman & Terri Kopp
A murder investigation leads to one of Van Buren's cases from 12 years earlier, and calls into question a fingerprint expert's courtroom testimony that resulted in the conviction of two men.
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Elisabeth Röhm as A.D.A. Serena Southerlyn
- Dianne Wiest as Interim D.A. Nora Lewin
Recurring cast Edit
- Leslie Hendrix as M.E. Elizabeth Rodgers
- Maggie Burke as Judge Elayne Link
- Andrea Navedo as Detective Ana Cordova
Guest cast Edit
- Diana Scarwid as Lisa Russo
- Jeremy Davidson as Luke Campbell
- James Colby as Bobby Campbell
- Gregori J. Martin as Detective Vic Perez
- David Green as FBI Agent Foster
- Lenny Venito as Detective Wade
- Stacey Leigh Ivey as Brenda Warren
- Joe Maruzzo as Glenn Edwards
- Adam Mucci as Terry Fullmer
- Larry Bryggman as Defense Attorney Rowan
- Robert Spillane as Jack Lynch
- Michael P. Moran as Probation Officer
- Abigail Lopez as Laura Rodriguez
- Kate Rigg as Administrator
- Michael Hyatt as Clerk
- Erin Cardillo as Jenny
- Ginnifer Goodwin as Erica
- Catie Bales as Teenage Girl
- Joey Gay as Uniform Sergeant
- Teri Mazzarella as Foreperson
- Anita Van Buren: I'm fine, Lenny.
- Lennie Briscoe: I just wanted to make sure.
- Van Buren: You know, you nudge a witness in the right direction at a lineup. The gun was in plain view, not under the seat. We do that all the time.
- Briscoe: You wouldn't have passed off those prints to the DA unless she told you there was a match.
- Van Buren: Closin' that case got me noticed, Lennie. And I used to hear the whispers and the chatter behind my back. 'She got it because she's black'. 'She got it 'cause she's a woman'. And I never listened to any of that crap because I knew I had earned it.
- Briscoe: You made Lieutenant because you're a great cop. All the drug collars you made, all the killers you put behind bars. This one case isn't gonna undo all of that
- Van Buren: I'm not so sure, Lennie...I'm not so sure
Background information and notes Edit
Episode scene cardsEdit
FBI Forensic Laboratory
| Previous episode:|
| "Myth of Fingerprints"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|
"The Fire This Time"