|←||CI, Episode 7.08||→|
|Production number: CI7008|
First aired: 29 November 2007
| Teleplay By|
Kate Rorick & Julie Martin
Logan and Falacci investigate the murder of the only witness in a rape case in which three white college kids supposedly raped a Dominican girl. Eventually the girl confesses that she lied about the rape, that it was actually an ex-boyfriend of hers and she did it because the kids she blamed, who were all football players, treated her badly and she didn't want her boyfriend to know the truth. Eventually they come to believe that the ADA, Gene Hoyle's wife Beth killed the witness Tracy who was going to recant as she couldn't lie anymore and set up at a trap at one of the players', Tim Pardue's house. After learning that Tracy was going to recant, Tim's mother Grace is horrified as Beth lied to her, saying that Tracy was going to ruin her son's life so she killed Tracy. Grace is arrested while Gene Hoyle is horrified as his single-minded pursuit of the case led to this and Beth is unrepentant.
Main cast Edit
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- Alicia Witt as Detective Nola Falacci
- Eric Bogosian as Captain Danny Ross
Recurring cast Edit
Guest cast Edit
- Andrew McCarthy as Bronx A.D.A. Gene Hoyle
- Cynthia Watros as Beth Marbury
- Kenneth Franklin as Tim Pardue
- Peri Gilpin as Grace Pardue
- Elena Hurst as Carla Sanchez
- Will Toale as Sean McClure
- Sebastian Sozzi as Benjy Alvarado
- Yin Chang as Traci Kwon
- Gil Deeble as Curtis Pardue
- Chase Coleman as Brad Barrett
- Cortez Nance Jr. as DA Investigator Walter Gates
- Kevin Stapleton as Clark Danes
- Frank Ridley as Coach Bloom
- LaTonya Borsay as Nurse Price
- Peter Y. Kim as Hyo
- Casper Martinez as Reyes
- Mark Huntley as Reporter #1
- J. Derek Peith as Reporter #2
- Beth Ellen Patrick as Reporter #3
- Christine Vallens as Reporter #4
- Chad Ackerman as Football Player #1
- Hisonni Johnson as Football Player #2
- Mark Keller as Football Player #3
- Ronald Washington as Football Player #4
- Thelonious Johnson as Football Player #5
- Falacci: (after Beth Hoyle defends her actions) Tim Pardue is not a rapist. Carla made the whole thing up!
- Gene Hoyle: (after finding out the truth) I'm sorry detectives. I didn't know.
- Logan: Don't tell us your sorry, (indicates the devastated family) tell them. (Hoyle is unable to)
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode is based on the Duke University rape case.
- This marks Andrew McCarthy's first appearance on Law & Order: Criminal Intent. It is also likely to be his last appearance on the series, as it is known that he can't stand Vincent D'Onofrio.
- It's revealed Logan carries a newspaper article about the time he punched Councilman Kevin Crossley in his wallet.
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|