Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|←||SVU, Episode 16.09||→|
|Production number: 16009|
First aired: 10 December 2014
| Written By|
A serial rapist strikes in several cities where the rape kit backlog stalls the investigation.
When a series of young, petite girls are assaulted in the early morning hours, Detective Rollins matches the pattern to several rapes she worked in Atlanta. When she finds that the victims' rape kits were never tested, Atlanta SVU Chief Patton claims none of the cases were worth pursuing. Intense media scrutiny and the lack of a suspect brings the heat down on Sgt. Benson, who has to face Chief Dodds and their commanders in a CompStat briefing. Meanwhile, a family court judge threatens to remove baby Noah from Benson's care.
Main cast Edit
- Mariska Hargitay as Sergeant Olivia Benson
- Danny Pino as Detective Nick Amaro (credit only)
- Kelli Giddish as Detective Amanda Rollins
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Peter Scanavino as Detective Dominick Carisi, Jr.
- Raúl Esparza as A.D.A. Rafael Barba (credit only)
Recurring cast Edit
- Harry Hamlin as Deputy Chief Charles Patton
- Jayne Houdyshell as Judge Ruth Linden
- Peter Hermann as Attorney Trevor Langan
- Myk Watford as Captain Sam Reynolds
- Michael Kostroff as Attorney Evan Braun
- Bronwyn Reed as Lucy Huston
- Kelly Briter as A.D.A. Bartell
- Josh Pais as Deputy Commissioner Hank Abraham
- Peter Gallagher as Deputy Chief William Dodds
- Thedra Porter as Chantal Jackson
- Tim Hardiman as Inspector Hardiman
Guest cast Edit
- Jordan Lage as Albert Beck
- Samantha Futerman as Annie Lin
- Lou Martini, Jr. as Dr. Joseph Conklin
- Lizzy DeClement as Beth Burns
- Susan Louise O'Connor as Lauren Burns
- Ebonee Noel as Ashley Miller
- Ras Enoch McCurdie as Usain
- Madeleine Rose Yen as Nina Carr
- Sydney Lucas as Ryann Catalano
- John Cramer as Mike Catalano
- Julia Kelly as Jennifer Catalano
- When Amanda mentioned untested rape kits in Atlanta Benson says "not that again." This is a reference to "Behave".
Abraham: So, it sounds like communication with these other police departments needs to improve.
Dodds: If I may, with all due respect, the problem is not communication, Hank. There is a national rape kit backlog issue here that needs to be addressed. (to Benson) Sergeant.
Benson: We did catch the pattern seventeen rapist within one week after his first assault here. But the brutal truth is that all of the New York assaults could have should have been prevented. Albert Beck is a career rapist who has moved from state to state, year after year. But because many cities have underfunded departments and many cities do not regard crimes against women seriously, they never tested thousands of their rape kits. What is the point of having a national DNA database if the rapist's DNA is never entered into it?
Background information and NotesEdit
Episode scene cards Edit
Staff Parking Garage
| Previous episode:|
| "Pattern Seventeen"|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|