|Title||Assistant District Attorney|
|Family|| Benjamin Stone (father; deceased)|
Pamela Stone (sister; deceased)
|First Appearance||"The Undiscovered Country"|
On SVU, Stone was first seen at his father Benjamin's funeral. He and District Attorney Jack McCoy reminisced on Benjamin's last days, and Stone said that he was never close to his father. Later, Stone began crying about his loss after entering an empty courtroom and remembering his father.
Stone later became Special Counsel during the trial of then-A.D.A. Rafael Barba, who had killed an infant boy suffering from MDDS by turning off his life support. Though Barba was acquitted of all charges, he was too traumatized by the incident and resigned. As a result, Stone took his job as the A.D.A. assigned to the Special Victims Unit.
Stone later receives a threat regarding his his sister whilst the SVU were investigating a case. His sister is then kidnapped during a massacre at her mental ward. She is later shot to death in a standoff between the police and her kidnapper. Stone rushes to his sister, but she dies in his arms. This deeply traumatizes him and he cries in Benson's arms in his office.
He is a strict, no-nonsense, by-the-book ADA who doesn't tolerate disturbances or unprofessional investigations in cases.
- Years ago, Peter was a professional baseball player in the Chicago Cubs' minor league system. He was briefly called up to the major leagues, but was forced to retire from the game due to injury.
- He is the first main character on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit whose known family members are all deceased, and the first main character on the series to have a family member murdered.
- Chicago Justice (1 season, 13 episodes)
- Chicago P.D. (2 seasons, 3 episodes)
- Chicago Med (1 season, 1 episode)
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1 season, 10 episodes):
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - Main Characters|