|←||SVU, Episode 8.16||→|
|Production number: 08017|
First aired: 27 February 2007
| Written By|
After discovering her brother, Simon Marsden, Benson tries to reconnect with him, but is soon shocked when it is discovered that he is a suspect in a series of rapes. The ensuing investigation causes her and Stabler to nearly lose their jobs.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Diane Neal as A.D.A. Casey Novak
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang
- Tamara Tunie as M.E. Melinda Warner (credit only)
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Kim Delaney as Captain Julia Millfield
- Michael Weston as Simon Marsden
- Mike Doyle as C.S.U. Detective Ryan O'Halloran
- Joel de la Fuente as T.A.R.U. Technician Ruben Morales
- Mary Stuart Masterson as Dr. Rebecca Hendrix
Guest cast Edit
- Roberto Purvis as Bobby Trapido
- Gregory Alan Williams as Detective Folkner
- Rick Otto as Detective Joyce
- Jonathan Kells Phillips as Ronnie Cavelle
- Arian Moayed as Amal Qinawi
- Annie Meisels as Lucy
- Michael Carbonaro as Jeff Trapido
- Brian Rogalski as Brent
- Joseph DiGrazia as Deacon
- Jodie Trappe as Donna Leonte
- Mike Edwards as ESU #1
- Elliot Stabler: Why don't you go talk to Marsden.
- Olivia Benson: And say what? "Hi, I'm Olivia. Your dad raped my mom." And, "Oh, I found you because I illegally ran my DNA."
- Olivia Benson: This is none of your business.
- Elliot Stabler: Yeah it is, we're partners.
- Olivia Benson: Not on this. This is personal.
- Olivia Benson: Being cute with Cap'n Crunch isn't going to make a difference.
- Don Cragen: (to Olivia) Check Qinawi's description against recent parolees. See if we get a hit off one who reported being sexually assaulted in prison.
- Olivia Benson: Most cons don't admit being raped, they don't want to be raped again.
- Don Cragen: Even so, it's what I want you to do.
- Dr. Rebecca Hendrix: Tell me about Olivia Benson.
- Elliot Stabler: What do you want to know?
- Dr. Rebecca Hendrix: What's she like as a police officer?
- Elliot Stabler: She's experienced, professional, good with the victims. People trust her and they let her get close.
- Dr. Rebecca Hendrix: Does she become emotionally involved?
- Elliot Stabler: She does her job and when it's done, she goes home.
- Olivia Benson: Last night, watching him in that window playing with that little boy ... I wanted to be part of a family, so much. I've been alone my whole life. (pauses) I'm sorry, I'm whining.
- Elliot Stabler: You're not. Family's everything.
Olivia and Elliot are sitting in his police car. Olivia is obviously upset about something
- Elliot Stabler: Liv, what is it? Tell me.
- Olivia Benson: My long lost brother Simon Marsden might be a rapist. Like father, like son.
- Elliot Stabler: Maybe it's a mistake.
- Olivia Benson: He's stalking women, Elliot. That's why the cops are looking at him. It's just a matter of time before he hits.
- Dr. Rebecca Hendrix: In my opinion, Detectives Benson and Stabler have a degree of mutual reliance and emotional dependence that compromises their effectiveness as police officers.
- Don Cragen: In other words ...
- Dr. Rebecca Hendrix: They're too close.
- Don Cragen: You recommend I split them up?
- Dr. Rebecca Hendrix: If you want to lose your two best detectives.
- Dr. Rebecca Hendrix: Tell me about Detective Stabler.
- Olivia Benson: He's the best; smart, brave, dedicated.
- Dr. Rebecca Hendrix: Do you trust him?
- Olivia Benson: He's straight with me, I'm straight with him. I could tell him anything.
- Casey Novak: We want to use your case to build support for President Bush's Prison Rape Prevention Act.
- George Huang: We’re giving these tapes to Dateline so America can learn all about the time that you suffered in prison.
- Olivia Benson: What’s your name?
- Jeff Trapido: Eat me, bitch!
- Olivia Benson: That has a nice ring to it.
- Fin Tutuola: Maybe these bozos don't have good gaydar.
- Fin Tutuola: Bobby T. belonged to a prison gang.
- Don Cragen: So what, every con is in a gang.
- Fin Tutuola: You're not hearing me, Captain. He belonged to a prison gang. They owned him.
Background information and notes Edit
Michael Carbonaro has a Hidden Camera Magic TV Show.
Episode scene cards Edit
Saint Mark's Hospital
Office of Dr. George Huang
Mercy General Hospital
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|