|←||L&O, Episode 5.23||→|
|Production number: 69427|
First aired: 24 May 1995
| Written By|
Ed Zuckerman & Gene Ritchings
The investigation of a gay councilman's murder involves his roommate and a homophobic politician.
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Jill Hennessy as A.D.A. Claire Kincaid
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Daniel Hugh-Kelly as Councilman Kevin Crossley
- Mitchell Lichtenstein as Joe Gibb
- Tim Hopper as Mr. Wiley
- Daniel Oreskes as Durban Campaign Manager
- Gordon Joseph Weiss as Cliff
- Robert Joy as Leo Barnett
- Nance Williamson as Judge Louise Lessing
- John Cameron Mitchell as Eddie
- Hallie Foote as Marjorie Durban
- Kelle Kerr as Antoinette Crossley
- Jeanine Morick as Mona Benson
- Jay Devlin as McAfee
- Richard Bekins as Councilman Richard Durban
- Ron Parady as Deputy Mayor Albert Gerard
- Gilbert Lewis as Deputy Police Commissioner
- Audrey Anderson as Mrs. Barnett
- June Stein as Woman
- Maurice Shrog as Building Super
- Ray Xifo as Manager
- Randy Lutterman as Assistant
- Cliff Goulet as Jury Foreman
- Esteban Fernández as CSU Technician
- Ken Threet as First Uniform Policeman
- Todo Segalla as Activist (Uncredited)
- Mike Logan: Well, before we roll out the Warren Commission, how about we take a look at Durban's personal life? Even for some gays, it was messy.
- Lennie Briscoe: And it's not for politicians?
- Mike Logan: Durban was gay and a politician.
Background information and notes
- This episode is based on the Dan White case.
- Towards the end of the fifth season, executive producer Dick Wolf decided not to renew Chris Noth's contract, citing that the interaction between Logan and the similarly jaded Briscoe (Jerry Orbach) lacked enough dramatic contrast. Viewers and critics were shocked at the dismissal of the most popular and 1 of only 2 original cast member remaining at that time. Years later, in 1998, Noth convinced Wolf to produce the TV movie Exiled to wrap up the story of Mike Logan, which Noth felt had been prematurely extinguished on the show. Logan eventually returned as a main character on Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
Episode scene cards
Office of Councilman
Office of Councilman
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|