|←||SVU, Episode 3.13||→|
|Production number: E2326|
First aired: 18 January 2002
| Written By|
Dawn DeNoon & Lisa Marie Petersen
A man and a woman are stabbed during a supposedly romantic park encounter. The woman's head as well as her hands are missing, which makes it difficult for detectives Benson and Stabler to identify the victims.
When a man and woman (who was an animal rights officer) are found brutally murdered in a park and the woman's head and hands are decapitated, the detectives try to find out whether two main suspects: a sociopathic teenager who had a confrontation with the woman or a rapist who was recently released on parole are responsible for what happened. The rapist turns out to be responsible and Cabot manages to get him convicted on obscenity charges to keep him from escaping, but they have no proof he committed murder until while searching where they believe he dumped the woman's head, they find an earring she got for five years on the force with her DNA and his fingerprints on it. Stabler visits the rapist to gloat about their victory while the rapist is shown to be stunned that he got caught.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Stephanie March as A.D.A. Alexandra Cabot
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Daniel Sunjata as CSU Technician Burt Trevor
- Joanna Merlin as Judge Lena Petrovsky
- Jill Marie Lawrence as Attorney Cleo Conrad
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang
- Fernando López as CSU Technician Ramone Vargas
- Lou Carbonneau as CSU Technician Harry Martin
Guest cast Edit
- Michael Pitt as Harry Baker
- Brian Sullivan as Joseph Paul Poletti
- Mike Doyle as Assistant Medical Examiner Karlan
- Ira Hawkins as Humane Law Enforcement Supervisor
- Robert Clohessy as Vinnie
- Michele Pawk as Daisy Baker
- Antonio D. Charity as Siburt
- Michael Goduti as Dorsey
- Ellen Lancaster as Dr. Diremegio
- Michael X. Martin as Ned Rubens
- Mariann Mayberry as Candy Forrester
- Dan Musico as Jersey CSU
- Guthrie Nutter as Scotty Wells
- Lenore Pemberton as Edie Jenks
- Jacob Smith as Phillip Mahue
- Shaheen Vaaz as Shaheen Puniwar
- Katie Walder as Carey Thorne
- Joan Wooters as Mrs. Boggs
- Todd Etelson as Jury Foreperson
- Munch: Garden State my ass! Guess Chemical Capital of The World just doesn't have the same zing to it.
- Olivia Benson: He's got a wedding ring. Is this a married couple?
- Elliot Stabler: Trust me, married couples don't have sex in parks.
- (on investigating Harry Baker)
- Shaheen Puniwar: Closest we came was a girl he had the hots for. She went in a deli, when she came out dog was gone.
- Alexandra Cabot: Could be a coincidence.
- Shaheen Puniwar: The dog turned up the next day.
- Alexandra Cabot: Dead?
- Shaheen Puniwar: Decapitated.
- (Trevor holds out a piece of the Jane Doe's thumb)
- Burt Trevor: You mind slipping this on?
- Olivia Benson: Why?
- Burt Trevor: Thumbs need to be similar in size.
- Elliot Stabler: (sees Olivia looking towards him) Too manly.
- (Although disgusted, Benson pulls on the offered glove, places the thumb piece and is printed.)
- (Benson and Stabler are searching Harry Baker's room)
- Olivia Benson: Tidy.
- Elliot Stabler: Yeah.
- Olivia Benson: Could use a bit of color.
- Elliot Stabler: (points to a bloodstain on the wall) There.
- Olivia Benson: Blood red wasn't what I had in mind.
- Vinnie: We had a conversation, is that illegal?
- Olivia Benson: Depends. What'd you talk about?
- Vinnie: Bitches.
- Alex Cabot: Pretty grey-area stuff, I doubt a hearing officer would even go for it.
- Olivia Benson: I'll take anything at this point, what will it get him?
- Alex Cabot: Whatever he still owes on his parole.
- Odafin Tutuola: Three weeks, two days.
- Elliot Stabler: THERE you go! Now THERE'S justice, three weeks for a double murder!
- Officer Dorsey: We called an interpreter.
- Olivia Benson: I can speak a little Spanish and French, and can Mirandize in three others. What is he?
- Elliot Stabler: Deaf.
- Vinnie: You know, this is entrapment. I'm a victim of a sting operation. I'm here under...
- Olivia Benson: False pretenses?
- Vinnie: False arrest.
- Elliot Stabler: Hey, man, you're not even under arrest, yet, so why don't you just settle down and tell us about your friend Ed?
- Vinnie: Hey, Screw you.
- Olivia Benson: I can screw you harder.
- (discussing pacemakers)
- John Munch: They had faults with their receptor wires. Pierced recipients through the heart.
- Odafin Tutuola: Now that's just wrong.
- Harry Baker: Criminology 101, Detective. If you're gonna break the law, you don't want witnesses around.
- Elliot Stabler: You think you're real cute, don'tcha?
- Harry Baker: Twenty-three cheerleaders can't be wrong.
- Elliot Stabler: I know where you live, I know where you learn and I know where you bury your kill. You get used to my face 'cause you're gonna be seeing it every time you turn around.
- Harry Baker: Don't lose your head, Detective. You're having enough trouble finding one.
- Odafin Tutuola: This guy, Jake, moves into his father's basement with his new bride, Missy. Father walks in on them on their wedding night.
- John Munch: How is that animal cruelty?
- Odafin Tutuola: Missy's a German Shepherd.
- John Munch: That's perfectly legal in twenty-six states.
- "That year you're gonna be doing on your head? Add twenty-five more and choke on it."
- – Elliot Stabler
Background information and notes Edit
- Actor Mike Doyle appears for the first time in an episode from Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. In this episode he plays Assistant M.E. Karlan, but he is probably best known for his recurring appearances as Forensics Technician Ryan O'Halloran throughout the rest of the series.
- This is also actor Daniel Sunjata's first appearance as recurring character CSU Technician Burt Trevor. Sunjata previously appeared as a Bomb Squad Officer in the first season episode "Remorse".
Episode scene cards Edit
Office of Ned Rubens
Police Crime Lab
Office of Dr. Diremigio
Apartment of Daisy Baker
Trial Part 74
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|