Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Promises to Keep"|
|←||L&O, Episode 3.14||→|
|Production number: 68022|
First aired: 10 February 1993
| Teleplay By|
Robert Nathan & Joshua Stern
William N. Fordes & Douglas Stark
The discovery of a body leads to a case involving the victim's fiance and the fiance's psychiatrist.
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Michael Moriarty as Executive A.D.A. Benjamin Stone
- Richard Brooks as A.D.A. Paul Robinette
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Carolyn McCormick as Dr. Elizabeth Olivet
Recurring cast Edit
Guest cast Edit
- Lindsay Crouse as Dr. Diane Meade
- Fritz Weaver as Defense Attorney Larry Weber
- Gail Strickland as Ellen Gorham
- Jenny O'Hara as Carol Janssen
- Dennis Creaghan as Leonard Gorham
- Fred Weller as Dan Garrett
- Robert Sedgwick as Mickey
- Jesse Moore as Dr. Howard Malone
- Nicole Orth-Pallavicini as Barbara Kiley
- James Georgiades as Bergen
- Rosemary McNamara as Elinor Garrett
- Bob Greenberg as Sam
- Teresa Della Vall as Andrea
- Ralph Buckley as Steinmetz
- James Reno as Morgan
- "First-year guys. Like puppies. You got to show them the stick before you throw it."
- – Lennie Briscoe about rookie cops
- Mike Logan: You're gonna take somebody's purse...
- Lennie Briscoe: I know. You bash her head in, you stick a knife in her ribs, you pull on the strap until it snaps.
- Mike Logan: Yeah. So, what kind of mugger strangles?
- Lennie Briscoe: Unless...they knew each other. You smell romance?
- Mike Logan: Love at last sight.
- "Gentlemen, that's a medico lock. He couldn't pick that if he was Willie Sutton. He used the keys."
- – Detective
- "This girl was killed by a junkie, and I believe Elvis is at Radio City tonight."
- – Lennie Briscoe
- "Fellas, when you finish tag-teaming the doc, let me remind you that she's protected by statute from revealing patient information. Maybe you've heard, malpractice insurance costs more than the debt of Bolivia."
- – Donald Cragen
- "You go into the hospital for gall bladder surgery, they cut off your leg. You think that doesn't happen in psychiatry?"
- – Carol Janssen
- Bartender: Who’s this, Natalie Wood? I don’t think she’s been in here. Fact is, I think she drowned out in California.
- Mike Logan: You know, I missed your act at the improv. Now, you want to tell me if you recognize her or not?
Background information and notes Edit
Episode scene cardsEdit
Apartment Of Leonard
Apartment Of Leonard
| Previous episode:|
"Night and Fog"
| "Promises to Keep"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|