|←||SVU, Episode 6.17||→|
|Production number: E5219|
First aired: 1 March 2005
| Written By|
Tara Butters & Michele Fazekas
Juan J. Campanella
Stabler struggles to keep his emotions in check as he interrogates a man Gordon Rickett suspected in the murder of a teenage girl -- a man he once let get away on similar charges.
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Diane Neal as A.D.A. Casey Novak (credit only)
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang (credit only)
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Matthew Modine as Gordon Rickett
- Anne Pitoniak as Mrs. Larson
- Michele Santopietro as Linda Cusick
- Anthony Inneo as Antoine
- Barbara Rosenblat as Nurse
- Ashley Lopez as Emily Barrington
- Gordon Rickett: Every cop has a weakness, you just got to know how to exploit it. They think they're so smart. They treat you like you're an imbecile, if you're not careful, you start to believe them. It's a game for them, they get off on it. They got these huge egos; that's their biggest problem. All you gotta do is let them know who's in charge. Not them, you. They used to call FBI agents gangsters with badges; one step away from being the worst criminals in society. Stabler's like that, big time.
- Odafin Tutuola: Who's Stabler?
- Gordon Rickett: Jarhead detective.
- Odafin Tutuola: You know Stabler?
- Gordon Rickett: I do, and he knows me too. He's been thinking about me for a long time. He tries to hang you with your own words. Catch you in a lie. You're dead when that happens.
- Odafin Tutuola: So what do you tell him?
- Gordon Rickett: The truth will set you free.
- John Munch: I was never much into sports. My high school basketball coach said I looked like a retarded gazelle with a spastic disorder. Mr. Daley. Real loving guy.
- Odafin Tutuola: She says to say hello, and to rip off your nuts and feed them to you.
- Elliot Stabler: Making friends all over the country, aren't you, Gordon?
- Gordon Rickett: I'm a psycho killer! What are you gonna do about it, huh?!
- Elliot Stabler: Gordon, you're kidding yourself if you think you're controlling it. It's controlling you. Every lie you tell to cover your inadequacies… every perceived insult you think you're getting… just feeds it.
- Gordon Rickett: You're lecturing me about rage? Are you kidding?
- Elliot Stabler: I'm not.
- Gordon Rickett: What do you know about controlling anything?
- Elliot Stabler: I don't murder people.
- Gordon Rickett: Give it time. You say you see something in me. Well, I see something in you, too. You think you control? You can't. You're controlled by your boss, by your job, by your wife… your kids… What would you be if all those controls went away?
- Elliot Stabler: I'd be you.
- Cragen: (Door opens) Mr. Rickett you're free to go.
- Elliot Stabler: Did you think I froze? Is that why you fired first?
- Olivia Benson: I fired first 'cause you would've killed him.
- Elliot Stabler: He deserves to die.
- Olivia Benson: Maybe he does, but he wanted you to kill him. He wanted you to always remember that you took his life. Not 'cause you had to, but because you were angry.
Background information and notes
Background information and notes
Episode scene cards
367 Old Town Road
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|