|←||L&O, Episode 9.24||→|
|Production number: E0225|
First aired: 26 May 1999
| Written By|
Following a double killing and an assault, the case against the Russian mob leads to a banker and nal money laundering.
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Angie Harmon as A.D.A. Abbie Carmichael
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Terry Beaver as Defense Attorney Manning
- Olek Krupa as Constantin Volsky
- Ben Shenkman as Defense Attorney Nick Margolis
- Larry Clarke as Detective Morris LaMotte
- Michael Mulheren as Judge Harrison Taylor
- Bernie Sheredy as Georgy Malenkov
- Lannyl Stephens as Alyana Dixon
- Cameron Bowen as Billy Woodson
- Tom Mason as Carlton Radford
- Sherman Howard as Carlton Radford's Attorney
- Nelson Vasquez as Omar Pinella
- Sally-Jane Heit as Judge Alice Berksit
- Paul Diomede as Jay Jay
- Terry Alexander as Harry Gales
- Terry Layman as John Grouse
- Nicholas J. Giangiulio as Doorman
- Tony Gillan as Forensic Technician Trefil
- Mark Alan Gordon as John Weyer
- Elyse Knight as Galina Krylov
- Kevin Orton as William Cross
- James Waterston as Dr. Shimo
- Ron Parady as Judge Gary Kendrick
- Peter Von Berg as Judge Hewlett
- James Caulfield as Chief Judge
- Richard K. Lublin as Presiding Justice #1
- Nada Rowand as Presiding Justice #2
- Matthew Arkin as Harry Kozsky
- Joey Vega as Gabriel
- Selenis Leyva as Louisa
- Zoe Saldana as Belinca
- Snezhana Londoner as First Natasha
- Oksana Lada as Second Natasha
- Geoffrey Owens as Langer
- Stephen Paul Johnson as Dinelli
- Brian Keane as McAlary
- Victor Sierra as Leo Zamora
- Malisa Didio as Aricella Santos
- Joyce Curtis as Jury Foreperson
- Frank Hogan
- Vladimir Lenin
- London, England
- Montreal, Canada
- Oklahoma City bombing
- Russian Mafiya
- Washington, DC
- Abbie Carmichael: The Russians are positioning themselves as money launderers to the world.
- Adam Schiff: Lenin must be spinning in his mausoleum.
- Jack McCoy: Let's not be too smug. They're using our banks, our Federal Reserve. They turned their country into a thieves' paradise. Now they're doing it to us. They're waging a war. By the time we get indictments, it'll be get over.
- Anita Van Buren: What are you proposing?
- Jack McCoy: I'm issuing arrest warrants for Volsky, Maletkov--all of them.
- Adam Schiff: Didn't Ms. Carmichael just finish telling me you're nowhere near indictments?
- Jack McCoy: I'm not taking this to the grand jury.
- Abbie Carmichael: So you're just gonna hold them in prison?
- Jack McCoy: For as long as we need--until we can make a case--before this thing spreads like wildfire.
- Adam Schiff: I see. You're planning to violate three, no, five amendments to the Constitution.
- Jack McCoy: It's time someone talked to Mr. Volsky in a language he understands.
- Adam Schiff: And what language is that?
- Jack McCoy: Adam, unless you order me not to do it...
- Adam Schiff: I'm ordering you not to do it.
- Jack McCoy: ...Hand me that pad of arrest warrants.
Background information and notes
- James Waterston (Dr. Shimo) is the real-life son of Sam Waterston (Jack McCoy).
- This episode marks Benjamin Bratt's final contract appearance as Detective Rey Curtis.
- Goof: Michael Mulheren is listed as in the scene card as "Sheldon Taylor" but in the previous episode his name is seen on his nameplate as "Harrison Taylor".
Episode scene cards
John F. Kennedy
U.S. Court of Appeals