|←||SVU, Episode 8.18||→|
|Production number: 08014|
First aired: 3 April 2007
| Written By|
Yelena Lanskaya & David Platt
When teenager Melanie Tamkin is found dead in the apartment of a vacationing couple, Benson & Stabler are led into the world of underage drinking and high school binge parties. The case takes a twist when one of the teenager's mothers is responsible for providing the alcohol for her daughter's parties and also responsible for sleeping with her daughter's classmate.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Diane Neal as A.D.A. Casey Novak
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang (credit only)
- Tamara Tunie as Dr. Melinda Warner
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Peter Hermann as Attorney Trevor Langan
- Jill Marie Lawrence as Attorney Cleo Conrad
- Judith Light as Judge Elizabeth Donnelly
- Linda Powell as Lauren White
- Allison Siko as Kathleen Stabler
Guest cast Edit
- Laura Leighton as Lillian Rice
- Hunter Parrish as Jordan Owens
- Sarah Drew as Becca Rice
- Leven Rambin as Reagan Michaels
- Van Hughes as Luke Young
- Rob Mayes as Matt Schroeffel
- Neal Matarazzo as Mr. Tamkin
- Kelly Rebecca Walsh as Sheila Banks
- Joseph Ricci as Kevin Banks
- Denise Lute as Eve Wilson
- Lynn Hawley as Rose Tamkin
- Erica Bradshaw as Court Clerk
- Roger Rathburn as Headmaster Randall
- Sejal Shah as Waitress
- Elizabeth Dennis as Tammy
- Tyree Michael Simpson as SVU Uniform Cop
- Jonah Triebwasser as Faculty Member (uncredited)
- Kathleen Stabler: Relax, dad. I don't even like beer.
- Elliot Stabler: If you did, would you tell me?
- Kathleen Stabler: No.
- Elliot Stabler: Guess I'll just have to look at your diary.
- Kathleen Stabler: Nobody keeps diaries anymore.
- Matthew Schroeffel: (on video, intoxicated) That old witch! Where's her broom?
- Reagan Michaels: Up her butt!
- Elizabeth Donnelly: (turns video off) Up my butt? Drag their asses in here.
(Becca Rice has invited Benson and Stabler into her house, and finds Jordan Owens having sex with her mother)
- Becca Rice: What are you doing?! She's my mom!
- Jordan Owens: She's hot!
- Jordan Owens: We're not doing anything wrong.
- Elliot Stabler: Sure looks wrong to me.
- "Your partner's cute. Bet he likes 'em younger."
- – Lillian Rice
- John Munch: What's your poison, honey?
- Reagan Michaels: Go to hell, you dirty old man.
- John Munch: Who're you calling old?
- Elliot Stabler: With your record, Judge Donnelly's going a lot harder on you than the other kids.
- Jordan Owens: So I gotta be a rat?
- Elliot Stabler: That, or go to jail.
(Lillian is drinking wine and Detective Stabler enters her home. She walks up very close to him.)
Lillian: Hello, Detective. Would you like a drink?
Stabler: I'm working.
Background information and notes Edit
- Lillian Rice's attorney says Becca having a .06 blood alcohol level is within the legal limits. It's illegal for minors to have a blood alcohol level past .02.
- Elliot should not have been able to burn Kathleen's license so easily, because the license would have been made of plastic.
- This episode marks the first time that a narrated flashback has ever been used on the show.
- The airdate for this episode has changed numerous times. Originally slated to air in January or February, the episode was pushed to March 20, and then to March 27, but then rescheduled again.
Episode scene cards Edit
New York State
Trial Part 29
Trial Part 29
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|