|←||SVU, Episode 10.05||→|
|Production number: 10005|
First aired: 28 October 2008
|207th of 366 produced in SVU|
| Teleplay By|
Joshua Kotcheff & Jonathan Greene
The detectives deal with a doctor who denies that HIV leads to AIDS and who discourages his patients from receiving proper antiviral medications - leading to a number of deaths. Stabler struggles with a teenaged boy who is the son and brother of these patients, and who may be facing a health crisis of his own. The doctor is charged with the crimes and while the mother, Susan, is testifying, she collapses from toxoplasmosis, a brain disease AIDS patients get. She finally believes that HIV leads to AIDS, but dies of the disease soon after awakening, but not before revealing to Benson that her daughter wasn't the only child to die. The detectives find several more children that have died as a result of the doctor and make a deal with him to get his records and discover at least seven families that need to be notified that someone has HIV. They also discover that her son Tommy might have it, but he resists testing and breaks a few of Stabler's ribs. Stabler presses charges to force him to get tested, but drops them after it fails. As Tommy owes Stabler for that, Stabler convinces him to meet a young cancer patient named Kyle who got treated against his parents' wishes and survived because of it. Kyle convinces Tommy it's better to know and he allows Warner to test him. At the end of the episode he reveals the results to Stabler: he has HIV, but Stabler convinces him his life isn't over.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Michaela McManus as A.D.A. Kim Greylek
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang (credit only)
- Tamara Tunie as M.E. Melinda Warner
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Austin Lysy as Defense Attorney Russell Hunter
- Joel de la Fuente as T.A.R.U. Lieutenant Ruben Morales
- Peter McRobbie as Judge Walter Bradley
- Viola Davis as Defense Attorney Donna Emmett
- Tom Lucca as Lt. Lou Gezmur
Guest cast Edit
- Martin Mull as Dr. Gideon Hutton
- Paula Malcomson as Susan Ross
- Aidan Mitchell as Tommy Ross
- Babs Olusanmokun as Mr. Marong
- Richard Joseph Paul as Jack Luftin
- Donna Murphy as Dr. Raye Massey
- Antu Yacob as Ida Marong
- Jessica Pimental as Joanne Suarez
- Owen Campbell as Kyle Fredericks
- Derek Michalak as Firefighter Peege
- Bill Anagnos as Firefighter Fromin
- Bill Kocis as Reporter #1
- Marvina Vinique as Reporter #2
- Jordan Evans as Lisa Ross
- Hutton: You're scaring my patients.
- Stabler: They should be scared.
- Hutton: My beliefs are scientific fact.
- Warner: They're junk science; you're a murderer and a false prophet.
- Hutton: That's what they said about Jesus Christ.
- Hutton: I have patients waiting.
- Stabler: God help them.
Background information and notes Edit
- This is the first time we see A.D.A. Kim Greylek in the court room.
- The circumstances under which Susan Ross contracted HIV are almost identical to the circumstances under which Dr. Andrew Copelan contracted HIV in L&O: "Positive".
Episode scene cards Edit
Trial Part 38
Mercy General Hospital
Mercy General Hospital
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|