Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Right to Counsel"|
|←||L&O, Episode 3.12||→|
|Production number: 68019|
First aired: 13 January 1993
| Written By|
Barry M. Schkolnick & Michael S. Chernuchin
After a woman is founder murdered in her apartment, her younger lover lies to the police about when he last saw her.
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Michael Moriarty as Executive A.D.A. Benjamin Stone
- Richard Brooks as A.D.A. Paul Robinette
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Carolyn McCormick as Dr. Elizabeth Olivet (credit only)
Recurring cast Edit
Guest cast Edit
- Mary Mara as Attorney Sally Knight
- Richard Cox as Steven Gregg
- Darrell Larson as Attorney Kevin Doyle
- Mady Kaplan as Carole Spiegelman
- Alice Hirson as Jewel
- Carol Eve Rossen as Judge Blanche Gelfant
- Bill Buell as Douglas Pomerantz
- Thomas Hill as John Barham
- Ted Sorel as Burton Charles
- David Green as Jim Regan
- Shareen Mitchell as Jane Alter
- Donna Murphy as Karen Unger
- David Breitbarth as Jim Maynard
- Jerry Jarrett as Manny Cohen
- Anita Keal as Arlene Ross
- William Hill as Milgrim
- Eugene J. Anthony as Murphy
- Lionel Pina as Valdez
- Floyd Vivino as Newman
- Christopher Rubin as Crime Scene Unit Technician Taft
- Jay Harris as Judge Mark Burns
- Chester A. Sims II as Arraignment Court Clerk
- Jack R. Marks as Trial Court Clerk
- Sally Knight: What do you care? I represent the defendant.
- Paul Robinette: And I represent the people. All of them.
- "In law school, I took 'Civil Rights'. Kevin took 'Tax Planning for the Wealthy'."
- – Attorney
- "Justice is swift, not fair."
- – Paul Robinette
- Robinette: The defendant savagely murdered an elderly woman, your honor.
- Judge Franks: Wait, wait, wait. It says here Mrs. Spiegelman was 61.
- Robinette: That's correct, your honor.
- Judge Franks: At my 61st birthday, you were cramming for a torts exam. I'd advise you to choose your adjectives a little more courteously, counselor.
- Robinette: The People request bail of 500,000.
- Knight: My client can hardly afford cab fare to Brooklyn, your honor. Why not make it a million?
- Judge Franks: Why not? [laughs] And they say the elderly lose their sense of humor. [laughs again] Bail is set at 250, cash or bond.
Background information and notes Edit
- In this episode we learn that Captain Donald Cragen doesn't get along with his mother-in-law and avoids answering the phone on Sundays when she calls. He briefly mentions his wife Marge.
Episode scene cards Edit
Office of Karen Unger
Smythe & Bradley
Office of District
| Previous episode:|
| "Right to Counsel"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|
"Night and Fog"