Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|←||L&O, Episode 8.10||→|
|Production number: K2516|
First aired: 17 December 1997
| Written By|
The planned circumcision of a couple's daughter leads to a rift between the American father and the Egyptian mother and then to a killing.
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Carey Lowell as A.D.A. Jamie Ross
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
Recurring cast Edit
Guest cast Edit
- Jacqueline Antaramian as Farrah Patel
- Mark Casella as Jack Harris
- Todd Cerveris as Rodney Most
- Ramsey Faragallah as Dr. Ismael Nasser
- Ray Genadry as Jeff Mohammed
- Ava Haddad as Nari Martin
- Steve Landesberg as Howard Cahill
- Connie Nelson as Ana Zakarian
- Nan-Lyn Nelson as Dr. Eileen Armenta
- Josh Pais as Assistant M.E. Borak
- Emmy Rossum as Alison Martin
- Ed Setrakian as Judge Patrick O'Hara
- Samia Shoaib as Donna Khobar
- Cotter Smith as Eric Martin
- Maryann Urbano as Hamida Wazir
- Geoffrey Wade as Dr. Frederick Austin
- Lia Yang as Emma Korimatsu
- Aharon Ipalé as Mr. Tobak
- Abby Lewis as Mrs. Newman
- Rob Kramer as Mr. Anderson
- Stanja Lowe as Mrs. Martin Sr.
- Charley Scalies as Mario
- Avery Waddell as Garage Attendant
- Les McDonough as Customs Agent
- Tristan Carrasco as unknown
- Rome, Italy
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Josef Moussad (victim)
- Sierra Leone
- Lennie Briscoe: Who's she, the new community affairs liaison?
- Anita Van Buren: No. What do you have?
- Rey Curtis: Come on, L.T. What's up?
- Anita Van Buren: Better you hear it from me. She's my lawyer. I was up for captain. One Police Plaza passed me over.
- Lennie Briscoe: You're suing the department?
- Anita Van Buren: Title seven--they promoted a white woman with the same score on the exam. I have the seniority.
- Lennie Briscoe: I'm sorry we asked.
- Mr. Tobak: This is an outrage. Dr. Nasser is not some peasant fleeing Cuba with a St. Christopher medal and two goats.
- Anita Van Buren: I'm sure he's a respected member of the medical community in Egypt, but he'll have to be detained until his visa status is cleared up.
- Mr. Tobak: Are you suddenly a federal official, Lieutenant?
- Anita Van Buren: The INS is on their way over, you can discuss Dr. Nasser's release with them.
- Jamie Ross: Mr. Tovak finally came through. Dr. Nassar's resume. Turns out he's an OB/GYN.
- Jack McCoy: That's a few organs south of cardiology. Impressive. University of Cairo, Royal Academy of Medicine--a six-week seminar at Lenox Hill in '95--new laser techniques in the removal of uterine fibroids.
- Jamie Ross: Hard to believe the victim had uterine fibroids.
- Jack McCoy: I wonder why Dr. Nassar lied to us.
- Jack McCoy: Who's her judge?
- Adam Schiff: O'Hara.
- Jack McCoy: The one who gave those two kids back to their crackhead mother?
- Adam Schiff: Who later beat one of them to death. Yes, that's O'Hara.
Background information and notes Edit
Episode scene cardsEdit
Grand Jury Room
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|
"Under the Influence"