|←||SVU, Episode 9.04||→|
|Production number: 9005|
First aired: 16 October 2007
| Written By|
The key to a violent assault case lies within a mentally-challenged girl with remarkable aural recall.
When Corrine Nicholson is found brutally attacked in her home and put in a coma, the only witness to the attack is her young daughter, Katie who has Williams' Syndrome. As they investigate the case, Corrine's husband, Ben blindsides the investigation by refusing to have the detectives question Katie further.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch
- Diane Neal as A.D.A. Casey Novak
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Adam Beach as Detective Chester Lake
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang (credit only)
- Tamara Tunie as Dr. Melinda Warner (credit only)
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Peter Riegert as Attorney Chauncey Zeirko
- Julie White as Dr. Anne Morella
- Joanna Merlin as Judge Lena Petrovsky
- Caren Browning as CSU Captain Judith Siper
- Vincent Spano as FBI Agent Dean Porter
Guest cast Edit
- Aidan Quinn as Ben Nicholson
- Paulina Gerzon as Katie Nicholson
- Geraldine Hughes as Tina Parven
- Robert Clohessy as Joel Parven
- Judy Kuhn as Corinne Nicholson
- David Andrew MacDonald as Dr. Gerald Morgan
- Jayne Atkinson as Marion Springer
- Josh Barclay Caras as Alex Parven
- Danny Dennis as Cabbie
- John Henry Cox as Judge Gregory Trenton
- Suli Holum as Pregnant Woman
- Kathleen Tipton as Jordana Weitz
- Robert Kim as Dr. Paul Wei
- Lia Yang as Ursula Wei
- Elizabeth Flax as E.R. Nurse
- Yvonne Cecelia as Dr. Morgan's Nurse
Crime Scene Unit; Federal Bureau of Investigation; Mercy General Hospital; Parven, Andrew; Stabler, Kathy; Patriot Act; William's Syndrome; Ashkenazi Jewish Genetic Panel; Canavan Disease; Weitz, Marissa; Apregen Biochemicals
- Katie Nicholson: Hi, my name's Katie. What's yours?
- Elliot Stabler: I'm Elliot.
- Katie Nicholson: Hi Elliot! You look upset and need a hug... Can I?
(Katie suddenly latches onto Elliot's waist, who looks taken aback)
- (Fin and Lake are waiting to meet with Dr. Morgan)
- Pregnant Woman: Have the doctor told you if its a boy or a girl?
- Odafin Tutuola: (puzzled) Excuse me?
- Pregnant Woman: It's so hard for gay couples to adopt. A surrogate's really your only option. I don't get why they think its better to leave kids in the system than send them to a gay home. You two look like a nice couple to me.
(Lake looks at Fin and grins as he pats Fin's right knee affectionately)
- (Benson and Stabler are leaving the Busken Group, and Elliot looks upset)
- Olivia Benson: How's Kathy?
- Elliot Stabler: Over 40 and pregnant. I just can't stop thinking about all the bad things that can happen...
- Olivia Benson: So why don't you see a doctor?
- Elliot Stabler: We're Catholic. Maybe it's better not to know.
- (Ben Nicholson is being covered up by the FBI for reasons relating to the Patriot Act)
- Elliot Stabler: So we can't touch him?
- Donald Cragen: The Patriot Act trumps rape and attempted murder every time.
- Katie Nicholson: Hi Elliot! Hi Fin! I'm so glad to see you!
- Casey Novak: (approaches and extends her hand) Hi Katie. I'm Casey Novak...
(Without warning, Katie latches onto Novak and hugs her)
- Katie Nicholson: Pretty!
- FBI Agent Marion Springer: There is a terrorist around every corner, Ms. Novack. you just don't know it.
- "BAM! Then breathing. BAM! BAM! BAM! Then 'Bitch'... Then he went away. But he used the wrong word. That's not what it means."
- – Katie recalling the attack on her mother.
- "That convoluted piece of legislation isn't worth the paper it's written on."
- – Casey Novak on the PATRIOT act.
- (Alex Parven is meeting his dad as Ben Nicholson is leading Katie past him)
- Alex Parven: This is crazy. I knew you didn't do this...
(Katie hears Alex and suddenly starts pulling away from her dad)
- Ben Nicholson: Katie? Honey? What are you...?
(Katie breaks away and walks up to Alex)
- Katie Nicholson: You used the wrong word! A bitch is a female dog. (Alex looks bewildered) My mom is not a bitch!
- Joel Parven: (to Alex) What the hell did you do?
- Casey Novak: Katie, do you know what a lie is?
- Katie Nicholson: Something that's not true. You get punishment for that.
- Casey Novak: Have you ever told a lie?
- Katie Nicholson: A lady once made me a grilled-cheese sandwich. It had things in it. I didn't tell her that I liked it, but I ate it very quickly so that she would think I liked it... does that count?
- Casey Novak: (smiles ) No. (to judge) Your Honor, I submit that this witness can be sworn in.
- Lena Patrovsky: So ordered.
(Judge Petrovsky bangs her gavel, and Katie flinches in pain)
- Katie Nicholson: Don't do that!
- Casey Novak: She has very sensitive hearing, Your Honor.
- Judge Lena Petrovsky: Oh, I'm sorry.
- Katie Nicholson: That's okay.
- Katie Nicholson: Can I have a hug?
- Judge Lena Petrovsky: No. (quietly) Maybe later.
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode marks Paulina Gerzon's second appearance on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and her fourth appearance on the Law & Order franchise.
- Gerzon wore a pair of false teeth over her own in order to appear more like a Williams' child.
Episode scene cards Edit
Mercy General Hospital
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|