Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|←||L&O, Episode 11.22||→|
|Production number: E1329|
First aired: 16 May 2001
| Teleplay By|
Barry Schindel & Eric Overmyer
Briscoe and Green investigate a school shooting, in which four students are killed and eleven others are wounded. It soon becomes apparent that more than one child fits the profile and the evidence, but an e-mail sent by one of the students skewers the investigation towards one particular youth with a violent history. McCoy goes head to head with Jamie Ross, who is acting as the teen's defense attorney, and who argues that the e-mail is inadmissible because it was found as a result of privileged information being revealed by a school psychologist.
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Angie Harmon as A.D.A. Abbie Carmichael
- Dianne Wiest as Interim D.A. Nora Lewin
Guest cast Edit
- Robert Emmet Lunney as Bill Semple
- Mia Dillon as Patricia Semple
- Michael Shulman as Kevin Miller
- Timothy Reifsnyder as Henry Semple
- Doris Belack as Judge Margaret Barry
- J.K. Simmons as Dr. Emil Skoda
- Carey Lowell as Jamie Ross
- Halley Feiffer as Colleen Jacobs
- Michelle Hurst as Simone Adams
- Elizabeth Kemp as Laila Jacobs
- David Lipman as Judge Morris Torledsky
- Les McDonough as Mr. Miller
- Olivia Oguma as Melanie Hsu
- Sebastian Sozzi as Tommy Gutierrez
- Nancy Ticotin as Detective Reina Perez
- Tamara Torres as Woman
- Christopher Knowings as Student Council President
- Colin Fickes as Paul
- Nicholas M. Garofolo as Parent
- Pamela Bel Anu as Uniform Policewoman
- Marisa Redanty as Principal
- Gretha Boston as Mother #2
- Angelina Cruz as Whip it Girl
- Neal Hemphill as Father #1
- Don Clark Williams as Father #2
- Fermín Suárez as Father #3
- Michael Winther as Reporter
- Kate Greer as unknown
- Greg Wood as unknown
- Jamie Ross: Someone better remind her of her ethical obligations as a prosecutor.
- Abbie Carmichael: You mean the one that says I should put someone on trial who I think is guilty?
- Jamie Ross: No, the one that says you need evidence to do it.
- Abbie Carmichael: I just told you our evidence.
- Jack McCoy: Detective, I had just told them that we had to cut Semple loose because of your screw up. I wasn't about to let them know they knew more than we did.
- Lennie Briscoe: Anytime you think you can do my job better than me, just let me know!
- Jack McCoy: Your job is to gather evidence we can use in court, not make headlines playing hero.
- Ed Green: That's what you think we were doing? Let me tell you something. The next time you go into court and somebody draws a gun on you, tell me how you deal with it!
- Jack McCoy: You don't like your job's requirements, Detective, turn in your badge!
- Abbie Carmichael: Gentlemen, if we could just lower the level of testosterone a little bit.
- Abbie Carmichael: How can releasing a kid we know committed a crime be right?
- Nora Lewis: Doesn't it concern you at all that releasing a kid's name to the public without a court order creates a feeding frenzy for suspects?
- Abbie Carmichael: Not when someone's life is at stake.
- Nora Lewis: Except these cops were given three names. One of them was dragged out of his own neighborhood because nobody bothered to verify the facts. The public looks to us maintain law & order, not run around like chickens with their heads chopped off!
- "With what's waiting for him, it might have been kinder to give him the needle."
- – Nora Lewin
- Abbie Carmichael: We all went to high school. We all had problems. None of us picked up a gun and killed someone.
- Patricia Semple: You think you can look at your child and know he's capable of doing this?
- Abbie Carmichael: I think it depends how hard you're looking, Mrs. Semple.
- Paul: I thought Henry was only joking.
- Ed Green: Oh yeah? What did you think was going to come out of that gun he showed you, a little flag that says "Bang"?
- Abbie Carmichael: What about the rights of children not to be shot when they go to school?
- Lennie Briscoe: One of my ex-wives called this morning to bust my chops.
- Ed Green: Which one?
- Lennie Briscoe: I forget.
Background information and notes Edit
Episode scene cardsEdit
Bennett Square Houses
Goofs The actor playing the first suspect, after being apprehended by Detective Green and escorted through a crowd towards the car, can be seen with both hands behind his back, holding the cuffs ... the cuffs had not been secured around one of the actor's wrists.
| Previous episode:|
| "School Daze"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|