Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|←||CI, Episode 1.17||→|
|Production number: E2119|
First aired: 31 March 2002
| Teleplay By|
Hall Powell & René Balcer
When a bisexual woman is slain, Detectives Goren and Eames note similarities between an incarcerated serial killer's methods.
Dr. Buckman and Dr. Dwyer were doing a study on whether rage killers would have a brain lesion Buckman theorized they'd have which caused them to kill out of rage. Dwyer murdered Rosa Dern under the influence of Kevin Riddick, the Motel Ripper. Buckman had previously told Riddick truths about Dwyer which Reddick could use to his advantage to attract her. Buckman knew Dr. Dwyer was submissive and that Reddick would likely be able to get her to perform a copycat killing for him. Buckman knew Reddick didn't have the lesion which he theorized serial rage killers would have but knew that Dr. Dwyer had it and that if she killed, it would help prove his theory. After Dr. Buckman and Dr. Dwyer are arrested and dragged away, Carver then asks Goren if Buckman's theory is proven. Goren replies that she killed out of love, not rage.
Main cast Edit
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
Guest cast Edit
- Jenny Bacon as Dr. Cathleen Dwyer
- Alison Bartlett as Allison Dean
- Marcus Chong as John West
- John Fiske as Detective Stegman
- Jack Gwaltney as Kevin Reddick
- James Naughton as Dr. Roger Buckman
- Melanie Nicholls-King as Chesley Barnes
- Stewart Steinberg as Judge Bardsley
- Katheryn Winnick as Karyn Barrett
- Adrianna Sevan as Rosa Dern
- Jade Wu as Irene Chang
- Mike Hodge as Assistant Warden Munoz
- Joel Rooks as Meyer
- Miguel Sierra as Delgado
- Kelli Simpkins as Amy
- Michael Lombard as Reddick's Attorney
- Victor Colicchio as Building Manager
- Wayne Gurman as Rikers Island Correction Officer
"She wasn't driven to kill by rage. She did it out of love."
"It's a many splendored thing."
- - Robert Goren and Ron Carver
"What did I tell you about the negligent dad?"
"I don't know, I forgot to write it down."
- - Robert Goren and Alexandra Eames
"Holding hands with a serial killer. That sounds like probable cause for a search warrant."
- - Alexandra Eames
"I thought you would have wanted to discuss your legal predicament. "
"The only predicament I have is wondering what tie to wear to your client's execution."
- - Attorney and Ron Carver
"Serial killer groupies. And I thought I was pathetic with my ABBA fan club card."
- - Alexandra Eames
Background information and notes Edit
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|