|←||SVU, Episode 10.19||→|
|Production number: |
First aired: 28 April 2009
| Written By|
When it is reported by Ruth Walker that her two-year-old granddaughter, Sierra Walker, is missing Detectives Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler investigate. After rounds of interrogation and a failed Amber Alert, Benson and Stabler believe that the prime suspect is none other than Sierra's young and irresponsible mother, Ashlee Walker.
The case takes a surprising turn when it is discovered that Sierra wasn't murdered, but actually died of measles, something which Ashlee was unaware of. It later turns out that Sierra was infected by an un-vaccinated boy. It also turns out that the boy's mother Monica Stewart refused to vaccinate her son for religious reasons, prompting Cabot to sue against Stewart for the death of Sierra. However, Stewart is declared not guilty, which then causes the Walker family to snap out and take justice in their own hands. Ashlee and her mother attempt to murder Stewart in revenge for Sierra's death, but are captured; eventually Ashlee's father broke in with a gun, blaming Stewart for his granddaughter's death, but rather than shooting Stewart, he instead shoots himself.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Michaela McManus as A.D.A. Kim Greylek (credit only)
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang (credit only)
- Tamara Tunie as Dr. Melinda Warner
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Stephanie March as A.D.A. Alexandra Cabot
- Noel Fisher as CSU Technician Dale Stuckey
- Peter Hermann as Attorney Trevor Langan
- Mike Doyle as CSU Technician Ryan O'Halloran
- Tonye Patano as Judge Linda Maskin
- David Lipman as Judge Arthur Cohen
- Annie Potts as Attorney Sophie Devere
Guest cast Edit
- Hilary Duff as Ashlee Walker
- Mike Pniewski as Ralph Walker
- Anastasia Barzee as Monica Stewart
- Marilyn Torres as Maria Gonzales
- Miriam Colon as Yolanda Gonzales
- Gail O'Grady as Ruth Walker
- Deirdre Goodwin as Nanny
- Tracy Griswold as Uriah Faber
- Ryan Rafferty as Dennis Faber
- Indio Melendez as Hispanic Male
- Amber J. Shirley as Yoga Woman
- Kent Cassella as Uni
- Lolita Brinkley as Forewoman
- Tom Miller as a Court Clerk
- Katie McGee as Female Reporter #1
- Todd Faulkner as Male Reporter #1
- April Armstrong as Female Reporter #2
- Joe Melendes as Male Reporter #2
- Tyree Simpson as Cop
(Munch and Tutuola are checking Maria Gonzales' stroller and find "Scott Gonzales," her "doll" child.)
- Maria Gonzales: (panicky) You'll wake him!
- John Munch: (as he holds up the doll) Lady, unless this is Pinocchio, he's not waking up.
- Elliot Stabler: Who called you in?
- Sophie Devere: Ralph Walker. Apparently, he saw me on television.
- Elliot Stabler: And what, dialed 1-800-Weasel?
(Cabot has just managed to trick Ashlee Walker into accepting a plea bargain.)
- Devere: For Heaven's sake, Alex, she coulda walked!
- Cabot: I'm giving her a chance to grow up.
(Benson and Stabler hear a gunshot coming from inside Monica Stewart's house and run in, only to find Ralph Walker dead and Monica trembling in the corner)
- Olivia Benson: Are you shot?
- Monica Stewart: No. He pointed the gun at me. I begged him not to shoot. He said, "Now you've killed two people." And then he put the gun in his mouth and fired...
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode is clearly based on the Caylee Anthony case where Cindy Anthony reported her granddaughter Caylee missing and saying "The car smells like a dead body" Caylee's mother Casey was arrested and found not guilty of Caylee's murder. The suicide of Ralph walker is an allusion to George Anthony's suicide attempt.
- Goof: During the interrogation of Maria, Fin accidently refers to Sierra Walker as Sarah Miller.
Episode scene cards Edit
Tompkins Square Park
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|