|←||CI, Episode 1.15||→|
|Production number: E2118|
First aired: 10 March 2002
| Written By|
An amateur hit man kills the mistress of a judge up for nomination to appellate court.
The discovery of a law clerk's body in a judge's home results in Goren and Eames first investigating the judge's personal life. The investigation then turns to his professional life when a suspect is found to have connections to one of the judge's competitors for a seat on the appellate court.
Main cast Edit
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
Guest cast Edit
- Michael Murphy as Judge Peter Blakemore
- Bruce MacVittie as Arnie Cox
- Dan Frazer as Mack McNeil
- George DiCenzo as Judge Raoul Sabatelli
- Fiona Gallagher as Dawn Cox
- Tanya Berezin as Lenore Hirschman
- Claudia Fielding as Marie Duval
- Sally Parrish as Lara Trudeau
- Jacqueline Murphy as Emily Trudeau
- Mel Boudrot as Henry Brown
- Don Stephenson as Bernard Sweet
- D.L. Shroder as Morty Gruber
- Sharon Angela as Connie
- Tom Tammi as Attorney for Judge Blakemore
- Tony Hendra as Book Publisher
- Fred Berman as Raymond
- Chance Kelly as Court Officer #1
- Dino Castelli as Ambulance Driver (uncredited)
"Anybody that likes Chinese chess can't be all bad. Where'd you learn, anyways?"
- - Arnie Cox and Robert Goren
"A history of violence. Sounds like a distinguishing feature of the semi-professional hit man." (Goren looks surprised) "I only look like I'm not paying attention to you."
- - Alexandra Eames
"You want to arrest Blakemore?"
"Well, arrest would be an understatement."
- - Ron Carver and Robert Goren
"You see something?" (Goren ignores him and continues smelling a garbage can so Carver addresses Eames.) "Is his investigative style always so sociable?"
- - Ron Carver and Alexandra Eames
""Fair Speech and the Fair Use Doctrine: The First Amendment and Encryption Software.""
"Stop it. You're making me hot."
- - Robert Goren and Alexandra Eames
"First you call him a plagiarist, then you call him a murderer, now you change your mind. This is no way to treat a justice of the New York Court."
- - Ron Carver
"He's paranoid! Pathological!"
"Is that police code for "hot-blooded?""
"Well, don't put words in my mouth, or some kind of attitude!"
"If he's involved, why on earth would he sign a search warrant for Mr. Cox?"
"Because he knew we wouldn't find anything!"
- - Robert Goren and Ron Carver
"You underlining the dirty parts?"
- - Alexandra Eames
Background information and notes Edit
Background information and notes
| Previous episode:|
"Homo Homini Lupis"
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|