|←||UK, Episode 4.06||→|
|Production number: |
First aired: 9 December 2010
| Written By|
DS Devlin and DS Brooks investigate the murder of a 13 year-old boy, Sean Monroe, the son of a fellow police officer, who was killed and put down a storm drain. A note found on the body points to the work of Andrew Dillon, who was sentenced for an earlier racial murder and is serving his sentence. The racial motivation for the killing seems confirmed when a second boy, Dev Desai, is found strangled with the same note in his pocket. However, their investigation leads to a security guard, Marcus Wright, who admits to having encounters with both boys at the shops where he works. He says the boys deaths were God's will and he was simply doing God's work. If Wright is to be believed, it means that Dillon was wrongfully convicted. The case becomes personal when James Steel is accused of having purposely buried a witness statement that would have likely exonerated Dillon. He finds himself in dock but the judge allows him to conduct his own defense.
- Bradley Walsh as Detective Sergeant Ronnie Brooks
- Jamie Bamber as Detective Sergeant Matt Devlin
- Harriet Walter as Detective Inspector Natalie Chandler
- Ben Daniels as Senior Crown Prosecutor James Steel
- Freema Agyeman as Junior Crown Prosecutor Alesha Phillips
- Bill Paterson as Crown Prosecution Service Director George Castle
Background information and notes
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: UK
| Next episode:|
"The Wrong Man"