|←||SVU, Episode 1.08||→|
|Production number: E0911|
First aired: 22 November 1999
| Written By|
Detective Benson gets too involved in a rape-homicide case when the victim is an Assistant District Attorney.
When the body of an assistant district attorney is found raped and beaten in Central Park, Benson lets her emotions get the best of her as she takes it upon herself to bring the suspected rapist, a local realtor, to justice. Stabler tries to get the man's business partner to help him, but Benson may be the one who ends up needing help.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Dean Winters as Detective Brian Cassidy
- Michelle Hurd as Detective Monique Jeffries
- Chris Orbach as Detective Ken Briscoe
Guest cast Edit
- Bruce Kirkpatrick as Richard White
- Allison Mackie as Kimberly Phillips
- Jack Hallett as Barlow
- Charles Brown as Mr. Krim
- Sandra Shipley as Lila White
- Ben Lin as Mr. Tong
- Linda Powell as Armstrong
- Bruno Gioiello as Kenneth Maggio
- Nat DeWolf as Mr. Cummings
- Dominic Fumusa as Detective Lopez
- Don Creech as Atkins
- Lorca Simons as Joan Simon
- Mark Alan Gordon as Detective Carlyle
- Joel Rooks as Grandfather
- Barbara McCulloh as Mills
- Michael Phelan as Boy
- Santi Formosa as Flower Boy
- Adrienne Dreiss as Louise Billings
- Steve Routman as Harold Levin
(Munch offers Levin a ride home, but Levin has declined, because it's the Jewish Sabbath)
- Harold Levin: The Jews have kept the Sabbath, and the Sabbath has kept the Jews.
- John Munch: And the police will take you home. I'm not having you walk to Riverdale. Even with God's help you'll never make it past 51st street.
- John Munch: Need a lift home?
- Olivia Benson: I'm just waiting for Elliot to get back from Forensics
- John Munch: It's just as well. I didn't bring my car.
- Brian Cassidy: Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade.
- John Munch: I don't just want to rain on your parade, but I want to blow up all the floats.
- Olivia Benson: I sure as hell wouldn't drive all the way to Queens just to save *your* ass.
- Elliot Stabler: Yeah, you would.
- Olivia Benson: OK, but only because you have a wife and kids.
- Elliot Stabler: Yeah
- Elliot Stabler: Blink your lights when you get inside.
- Olivia Benson: You're just gonna sit here all night until I do, aren't you, you stubborn son-of-a-bitch?
- Elliot Stabler: Yes, I am.
- Olivia Benson: You have the sedan with you?
- Elliot Stabler: Yep
- Olivia Benson: Which means that you drove all the way uptown from the Queensboro Bridge, dropped off the car, picked up the sedan, turned around, all the way back downtown to get here. That's a lot of neighborhood, my friend.
Background information and notes Edit
- Detective Brian Cassidy's incompetence is once again demonstrated when he uses the incorrect phrase 'Mr Jekyll and Dr Hyde'. The actual line should be 'Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde'.
- This is Bruce Kirkpatrick's (Richard White) first appearance in an episode from Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. He would later return to play other characters in two more episodes. He also appeared in Law & Order and Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
- This is the first episode in which Detective Olivia Benson has a stalker.
Episode scene cards Edit
1202 Newton Avenue
Taft State Bank
Home of Lila White
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|
"Stocks & Bondage"