|←||CI, Episode 4.13||→|
|Production number: E5416|
First aired: 13 February 2005
| Teleplay By|
Charlie Rubin, Warren Leight & René Balcer
A corrections officer's murder forces Goren and Eames to investigate the facility where he worked for a possible motive.
The murder of a Federal Corrections Officer recently hired by the New York City Fire Department causes Goren and Eames to investigate the prison where he worked to search for possible suspects. The investigation takes a shocking turn upon the discovery of the detention and torture of prisoners for whom there are no charges. After a nurse there is questioned, she complains to her boyfriend who then insists on speaking with Captain Deakins. Her boyfriend happens to be Detective Mike Logan, who was stationed on Staten Island after punching a city councilman many years ago. Together they find out that the guards on the prison block where the Corrections Officer worked were the torturers and murderers. Logan, Goren and the nurse are cornered, but Goren talks the guards down and they leave. The guards are arrested and the prisoners are released thanks to Carver using habeas corpus.
Main cast Edit
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
Guest cast Edit
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- Wayne Duvall as Kurt Plumm
- Myron Primes as Rollie Clay
- Charles Borland as Taylor Kenna
- Joe Lisi as Warden Baum
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- Harvey Atkin as Judge Alan Ridenour
- Arija Bareikis as Nurse Gina Lowe
- Orfeh as Carly Kenna
- Alfredo Narciso as Hector De La Cruz
- Michael Carlsen as Billy Duval
- Steve Cirbus as Doug Hausman
- Ellen Barber as Jasmine Gabriel
- Ivy Vahanian as Sami Chomak
- Paul D'Amato as Dom Iovino
- Maulik Pancholy as Aziz Gabriel
- Bill Walsh as Detective Parsons
- Jay Klaitz as Officer Liss
- Jeremy Webb as Chocolate Jimmy
- Dale Soules as Mysty
- Susan Willis as Cecilia
- Cydnee Welburn as Eva Clay
- Michael Warner as Rouche
- Postell Pringle as C.O. in Cage
- James Andrew Walsh as Gate C.O.
- Sonny Vellozzi as Detective (uncredited)
- Mike Logan: That guy would've been worth another ten years on Staten Island.
- James Deakins: As you said, we're Major Case. Let me discuss it with my detectives.
- Mike Logan: No problem. Maybe I'll have some of your major coffee.
- Alexandra Eames: I didn't know you could play Twister by yourself.
- Mike Logan: Funny how bad apples always find each other.
- Robert Goren: Maybe it's their barrels that make the apples bad.
- Alexandra Eames: So this is the Logan who threw a punch at a councilman ten years ago. Made him a hero to guys like my dad.
- Officer Liss: Yeah, okay, his jingus was out. I didn't think a brother officer needed his wife knowing he got shivved getting hooker service. Look, I thought he was a cop.
- Robert Goren: Next time, remember that you're a cop and do not disturb the crime scene.
- Alexandra Eames: Maybe Jimmy does have a hobby ... confessing.
- Ms. Giruda: Ungrateful, biscuit-eatin' son of a bitch!
Background information and notes Edit
- This is the first appearance of Chris Noth as Mike Logan on CI, although he would not be a regular character until Season 5. In this episode we learn that Lieutenant Anita Van Buren tried her best to get Logan back in the Homicide Department.
| Previous episode:|
| "Stress Position"|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|