|←||SVU, Episode 11.02||→|
|Production number: |
First aired: 30 September 2009
| Written By|
A young woman's body is found stuffed inside a suitcase, and police believe that Emily Keefe, the victim, was a train passenger on her way to Tampa when she was murdered. Detectives Benson and Stabler turn to Keefe's financier boyfriend, Owen Cassidy's yacht to investigate. However, Cassidy claims he was on his boat during the time of the murder. After further searching, the detectives discover Keefe belonged to an online dating website. But when the CEO of the dating website, Vance Shepard, refuses to comment on the case, the detectives turn to ADA Sonya Paxton for help.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch (credit only)
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang (credit only)
- Tamara Tunie as Dr. Melinda Warner (credit only)
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Christine Lahti as Executive A.D.A. Sonya Paxton
- Robert Klein as Attorney Dwight Stanich
- Harvey Atkin as Judge Alan Ridenour
Guest cast Edit
- Eric McCormack as Vance Shepard
- Melissa Farman as Chantel Shepard
- Keith Nobbs as Ed
- Ryan Woodle as Rusty
- Matt Burns as Owen Cassidy
- Leann Hunley as Joyce Shepard
- Eloise Mumford as Vanessa
- Raushanah Simmons as Lysette Dale
- Saila Rao as Media Tech Anu Nayyar
- Abigail Savage as Cat
- Daniel Marcus as Phil
- John Wodja as Don Keefe
- Cherene Snow as Tanya Keefe
- Julie Craig as Emily Keefe
- Gavin Gregory as Transit Uni
- Albert M. Chan as Banker
- Danielle Sialiano as Waitress
- Jessica Green as Trainer
- Tim Miller as Court Clerk
- Shelby Kovant as Shopper [uncredited]
- Danielle McKee as Store Employee [uncredited]
- Dylan Sheridan as Male Web Designer [uncredited]
A real life online software called the Wayback Machine in used to find a screencap of a wep page that was taken down. The Wayback Machine works exactly how it is described and shown with the exeption of a fake "start up graphic"
- Chantel: (to Vance) You'll never break another promise to me.
- Rusty: That geocacher is a legend.
Ed: But he only goes by a nickname on his– on his website. "The Master Baiter."
Rusty: (laughing) Every time, it's ingenius !
- Elliot Stabler: (walking up to two arguing young men) Fellas, fellas, NYPD. You found the body?
Ed: Yes, sir.
Rusty: Uh, he did not!
Ed: Shut up! Rusty!
Rusty: No, I was here first.
Ed: Yeah, and I opened the suitcase.
Olivia Benson: Girls, Girls! You're both pretty!
- Elliot Stabler: Attention employees, will "The Master Baiter" please report to register one. (shot of male employees looking at each other) "Master Baiter," register one?
(One of the boys walks towards the detectives.)
Olivia Benson: (grabbing the mic) Not a masturbater, the "Master Baiter." (Elliot smirks.)
- Olivia Benson: Look at this. A thousand-dollar vase on a yard sale end table. This girl can't make up her mind.
- Sonya Paxton: Get your hands off me.
Elliot Stabler: What's your problem? First you tell us to nail him now you want us to back off.
Sonya Paxton: My problem is I want to win this case, Stabler. The right way.
Elliot Stabler: You're such a sanctimonious bitch, you know that?
Donald Cragen: Detective Stabler.
Elliot Stabler: No I'm not finished. School’s in session and you’ve got a lot to learn, hon.
Sonya Paxton: Oh hon, if I'm gonna learn anything I promise it won't be from an adolescent a-hole like you.
Background information and notes Edit
- When Detectives Benson and Stabler were trying to locate "The Master Baiter," all of the IP addresses shown are incorrectly formed. Normally, IP addresses are separated by three periods, with each number containing up to three digits: XXX.YYY.ZZZ.AAA, for example. The IP addresses shown in this episode are separated by two periods, with each number containing four digits: XXXX.YYYY.ZZZZ. This was likely intentionally done to avoid using a legitimate IP address.
Episode scene cards Edit
The Garb Barn
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|