|←||CI, Episode 2.12||→|
|Production number: E3212|
First aired: 2 February 2003
| Teleplay By|
René Balcer & Warren Leight
Jean de Segonzac
Detectives Goren and Eames investigate the death of a wealthy and matronly owner of a magnificent hotel, found naked and drowned - or it so appears - in her bathtub.
Main cast Edit
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
Guest cast Edit
- James A. Baffico as Derwin Cooper
- Michael Hayden as Kenneth Rayfield
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- Hal Linden as Mr. Turner
- Colin McPhillamy as Lloyd Prescott
- Betty Ouyang as Betty Ouyang
- Amy Ryan as Julie Turner
- Cristina Soler as Mercedes
- Patrick Welsh as Penton
- Nancy Opel as Nina
- Bryan Batt as Hugo
- Manny Alfaro as Carlos
- Andrew Cassese as Reporter #1
- David Drake as Jason
- Mariane Ebert as Marisol
- Pete Macnamara as Assistant Medical Examiner
- Judith Roberts as Nan Turner
- Tom O'Rourke as Peter Behrens
- John Horton as unknown
- Robert Goren: Botox works by paralyzing the nerves around the facial muscles, doesn't it?
- Alexandra Eames: Does it look like I'd know?
- "The evidence against Julie lays out in a nice straight line. Juries like straight lines."
- – Ron Carver
- "What's one check, when you can marry the checkbook?"
- – Robert Goren
- Salon Owner: I'm not licensed to dispense botox.
- Robert Goren: We've found that a lot of people do things they aren't licensed to do.
- "Not only does he remove hairs, he splits them."
- – Robert Goren
- "Death by botox. Live slow, die old, and leave a good looking corpse."
- – Elizabeth Rodgers
- Kenneth Reyfield: It wasn't an accident. Is that what you're inferring?
- Robert Goren: You mean 'implying', the listeners 'infer'.
- Alexandra Eames: And detectives 'speculate', since we don't know the cause of death yet.
Background information and notes Edit
Background information and notes
- A portion of the filming transpired around the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel (A Hilton property) located at 301 Park Ave, especially near the North Wing located at East 50th Street where one can see the "leak windows" (or pierced stonework, using Western Architectural terminology, leaked window is more of a Chinese description) of St. Bartholemew's Church, in the background, during a few scenes. As for the design of said windows it is most likely Byzantine or Romanesque.
| Previous episode:|
| "Suite Sorrow"|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|