|←||L&O, Episode 17.13||→|
|Production number: 17013|
First aired: 2 February 2007
| Written By|
Michael S. Chernuchin
When a young college student is killed during a failed hit on a deeply polarizing media pundit, the detectives learn that the shooter is suffering from Parkinson's.
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- Milena Govich as Detective Nina Cassady
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Alana De La Garza as A.D.A. Connie Rubirosa
- Fred Dalton Thompson as D.A. Arthur Branch
- Charlotte Ross as Judith Barlow
- Louis Cancelmi as Malcolm Yates
- Ron Silver as Bernie Adler
- Karen Ludwig as Judge Martha Archer
- Peter Benson as Kevin Gray
- John Magaro as Nathan Gersh
- Emma Bell as Kirsten Paley
- Rich Sommer as Mike Scholl
- Anthony Estrella as Dr. Ben Ellers
- Fletcher McTaggart as Dr. David Rooker
- Nancy Wu as M.E. Lynn Ming
- Sarah Grace Wilson as Abby Watts
- Jason Pendergraft as Jim Morgan
- Zackary M. Fisher as Steven Schuman
- Charlie Hewson as Danny O'Toole
- Tyrone Mitchell Henderson as Pastor Stevens
- Brant Spencer as Officer Burns
- Casey Ford Alexander as Bobby
- Erin Buckley as Jane
- James Lloyd Reynolds as Interviewer
- Heather Garfinkle as Female Student
- Eric Storjohann as Arraignment Clerk
- Kathryn Markey as Jury Foreperson
- Dwayne Duprey as College Student (uncredited)
- Rebecca Merle as Young Republican (uncredited)
- Anjelia Pelay as Glam Escort (uncredited)
- Judith Barlow: I've got a ten-year-old niece who can't even tell you who the vice president is, but she can sure as hell put a condom on a banana in two seconds flat.
- Ed Green: Yeah, the whole world's going to hell. That's a damn shame. You know what else is a damn shame? There's a dead kid ten feet away from you and you're --
- Judith Barlow: Well, that wouldn't have happened if Rudy still ran the city.
- Ed Green: (motions to another officer, and then points at two suspects) Officer, take those two in. (points at Barlow) Take her, too.
(Cassady and Green start walking away)
- Ed Green: (under his breath) No wonder they call her 'the most hated bitch in America.'
- Nina Cassady: You mean woman, right?
- Ed Green: No, I mean bitch.
- (on the college where she was invited to speak)
- Judith Barlow: I think they had a tea party for Hugo Chavez here last month, and a parade for Cindy Sheehan.
- (After Barlow personally hands Green her phone number)
- Nina Cassady: Looks like someone's a little sweet on Eddie.
- Ed Green: I'd rather have a root canal.
- Judith Barlow: So what happens next, Detective Panty-Line gives him a mani-pedi and a massage?
- Anita Van Buren: What is your problem with female officers?
- Judith Barlow: Nothing personal, but last year down in Atlanta, that animal wrestles a gun from a female guard and shoots both her and the judge. I doubt that would have happened if the guard shaved every morning before work, and I don't mean under his pits.
- Anita Van Buren: Do you talk like this in public?
- Judith Barlow: I like you. This is me being polite.
- Judith Barlow: Once again, words fail the Intellectual Left!
- Arthur Branch: If they put you on the stand, Yates will only be found guilty of being a lousy shot.
- Judith Barlow: People love me.
- Arthur Branch: I'm sure some people love spiders, too.
- Judith Barlow: They eat flies, don't they?
- Arthur Branch: And we know what flies eat.
- Judith Barlow: I have four bestsellers out. How many does Antonin Scalia have?
- Arthur Branch: You also look better in a cocktail dress.
- Jack McCoy: Did you try to kill Judith Barlow
- Malcolm Yates: She said that the value of the life of a fetus has the same value as my life. I am more important than cells on a petri dish!
- Jack McCoy: So was your friend Jason Miles. And, like it or not, so is Judith Barlowe.
Background information and notes
Episode scene cards
Dorm Room of
- The outdoor campus scenes were filmed at Brooklyn College.
| Previous episode:|
| "Talking Points"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|