Ten-codes are code words used to represent common phrases in voice communication.
- 10-13 - Officer needs immediate assistance
- Detective Benson used this code, when she and two officers were taking fire from Abraham Ophion's house. (SVU: "Charisma")
- 10-31 - Burglary in progress
- The precinct reported a 10-31 at the Hasni family store. Uncle Joseph was destroying Hasni's with a baseball bat. (CI: "World's Fair").
- 10-54 - Attempted suicide
- Benson used this code when a woman slit her wrists in the episode Victims