|"The Abominable Showman"|
|TBJ, Episode 1.01||→|
|Production number: 5701|
First aired: 3 March 2005
| Written By|
Jean de Segonzac
A.D.A. Tracey Kibre goes after a Broadway producer for the death of an actress who he was dating when she went missing.
Main cast Edit
- Bebe Neuwirth as A.D.A. Tracey Kibre
- Amy Carlson as A.D.A. Kelly Gaffney
- Kirk Acevedo as D.A. Investigator Hector Salazar
- Fred Dalton Thompson as D.A. Arthur Branch
- Jerry Orbach as D.A. Investigator Lennie Briscoe
Guest cast Edit
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Candice Bergen as Judge Amanda Anderlee
- Tony Bill as Kurt Lascher
- Lisa Emery as Lynn Blaylock
- Jill Flint as Karen Masters 2005
- Lev Gorn as Mr. Dushinsky
- Cady Huffman as Penny Sterba
- Rebecca Mader as Melani Ferris
- Donald Moffat as Judge Matthew Sherwood
- Tom O'Rourke as Peter Behrens
- Alyssa Rae as Dede Blaylock
- David Clayton Rogers as A.D.A. Ted Hearn
- Annabella Sciorra as Maggie Dettweiler
- Ben Shenkman as Irv Kressel
- Maria Smith as Karen Phelps
- Stewart Summers as Attorney
- Antonio D. Charity as bailiff
- Lynn Chen as Lin - Kressel's assistant
- Thomas Daniel as Public Defender
- James Callaghan as Policeman
- Ana Maria Jomolca as Juror #4
- George Loros as Sal
- Sonny Vellozzi as Lawyer
"Good looking D.A. takes on the King of Broadway."
"You're fired. I need a woman."
- - Peter Behrens and Kurt Lasher
"No wonder Russians hate jury trials."
- - Tracey Kibre
"Why did the little bitch get pregnant?"
- - Kurt Lasher
"Welcome to the squad, Detective. You're one of Jack McCoy's favorite cops."
- - Tracey Kibre
"I wanna see your badges!"
"We don't need no stinking badges."
"What? What did you say?"
"I said, yeah, people need to see our badges."
- - Penny Sterba and Lennie Briscoe
"Life's a bitch."
"Yeah, and sometimes the one with the scales is blind, deaf *and* dumb."
- - Tracey Kibre and Maggie Dettweiler
Background information and notes Edit
- Actor Fred Dalton Thompson was credited as 'Fred Thompson' in the opening theme. This was later corrected in the reruns from the episode.
- This is the third pilot episode directed by Jean de Segonzac. He also directed the pilot episodes from Law & Order: Special Victims Unit ("Payback") and Law & Order: Criminal Intent ("One").
- Like every other Law & Order spin-off series, the first episode has a special guest appearance from someone from the original show. In this case it is Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy. Actors Jerry Orbach and Fred Dalton Thompson were regular cast members on the original L&O.
- Actor Jerry Orbach had already passed away when this episode aired. He died on 28 December 2004, and the episode aired a little over two months later on 3 March 2005.
- Actress Annabella Sciorra appears as Defense Attorney Maggie Dettweiler in this episode. Sciorra would later return to the franchise as Detective Carolyn Barek in twelve episodes from Criminal Intent's fifth season.
- Although they starred in Law & Order together in seasons thirteen and fourteen, this was the first time that Jerry Orbach and Fred Dalton Thompson shared a scene.
Episode scene cards Edit
Café Des Artistes
Grand Jury Room
Law Office of
Kressel Jury Consulting
| Previous episode:|
| "The Abominable Showman"|
Law & Order: Trial by Jury
| Next episode:|