|←||CI, Episode 3.16||→|
|Production number: E4517|
First aired: 14 March 2004
| Teleplay By|
Marlane Gomard Meyer
Marlane Gomard Meyer & René Balcer
Detectives Goren and Eames investigate the murder of an elderly woman poisoned by an anonymous package.
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
- Lois Smith as Betty Bennett
- Brian Murray as Richard Sullivan
- Phyllis Somerville as Louise Politano
- Thom Christopher as Judge Walton
- Stephen Colbert as James Bennett
- Timothy Doyle as Sean Sullivan
- Edward Hajj as Blaine Devlin
- Remi Sandri as Abel Kelly
- Dennis McGeady as Andrew Bassett
- John Roney as Detective Phipps
- Ronald Lew Harris as Neil Martin
- Lydia Jordan as Charlotte
- Malachy Cleary as Father Bill
- Charlotte Booker as Ellen
- Lisa Gorlitsky as Karen
- Ruth Maleczech as Inez
- Marisa Vural as Samantha
- Stewart Summers as Detective (uncredited)
Brother Jerome; Brother Jerome Foundation; Brother Jerome's Thrift Shop; New York Archdiocese; Carnahan, Mary Karen; Dickerson College; Tannerville; The Deceit of Nature's Radiance; Ketchum, Thomas; Bartleby's Auction House
- Alexandra Eames: If anyone needed a miracle ... she worshiped a saint, and raised a sinner.
- Robert Goren: The sinner raised himself.
- Elizabeth Bennett: You are nothing but a common criminal!
- Robert Goren: There's nothing common about your son. Or his crime.
Charlotte: I'm not praying to him any more. And neither are my dolls!
Background information and notes
- This episode seems to be based on the Mark Hofmann case. Hofmann became infamous for forging numerous documents purported to be historical documents from the Mormon faith, although it wasn't just Mormon history that Hofmann fabricated. Widely regarded as one of the most accomplished forgers in history, Hofmann is especially noted for his creation of documents related to the history of the Latter Day Saint movement. When Hofmann's schemes began to unravel, he constructed bombs to murder two people in Salt Lake City, Utah. As of 2008, he is serving a life sentence at the Utah State Prison in Draper. Actor Stephen Colbert appears as James Bennett, the murdering forger based on Mark Hofmann. (Source: Mark William Hofmann at Wikipedia)
| Previous episode:|
| "The Saint"|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|