|←||L&O, Episode 8.01||→|
|Production number: K2508|
First aired: 24 September 1997
| Written By|
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Carey Lowell as A.D.A. Jamie Ross
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
Recurring cast Edit
- John Fiore as Detective Tony Profaci
- Susan Blommaert as Judge Rebecca Steinman
- Pat Moya as Deborah Curtis
- Deirdre Lovejoy as CSU Technician
Guest cast Edit
- Bryan Greenberg as Matt Wheeler
- Sig Libowitz as Stan Shatenstein
- Michael C. Maronna as Tagger / Dale Kershaw
- Rob McElhenney as Joey Timon
- Donna Murphy as Carla Tyrell
- Ellen Muth as Adele Green
- John Tormey as Tommy DeLuca
- Nicholas Wyman as Judge Gavin Mickerson
- Joe Zaloom as Avi
- Melissa Marsala as Marlene
- Thomas McHugh as Detective Byrne
- Herb Lovelle as Mr. Hemmerick
- Rosanna Carter as Mrs. Hemmerick
- Bill Christ as Reverend Gervais
- Suzanne Costollos as Mrs. Wheeler
- James Handy as Mr. Wheeler
- Cynthia Hayden as Mrs. Green
- David S. Howard as Mr. Morris
- Charles Levin as Mr. Schuster
- Kevin Hurley as Brother
- Anne Lange as Headmistress
- Jim Doerr as Sheehan
- Al Cayne as Hispanic Kid
- Bob Ari as Owner
- Beau Berdahl as Student
- Reed Birney as Archdioces Attorney
- Jan Munroe as Father Galva
- Muhammad Ali
- James Dean
- Angelo Dundee
- Leopold Loeb
- Luther C. Carter Academy
- John Milton
- Anita Van Buren: A thrill killing. I take it back, Lennie, I guess some people don't need a reason.
- Lennie Briscoe: I guess the macarena wasn't exciting enough for them.
- Rey Curtis: You're a Catholic.
- Jack McCoy: Not when I'm at work. I'm sorry.
- Jamie Ross: Thrill killers are protected by the Church. The law says two people can fire one bullet, and now the victim's mother forgives them. You figure it out.
- Jack McCoy: You don't think you could? Forgive them, I mean.
- Jamie Ross: No.
- Jack McCoy: Neither could I. What does that say about us?
- Adam Schiff: Sounds like Leopold and Loeb. Who'd we get?
- Jack McCoy: Beavis and Butthead.
- Jack McCoy: I'm playing legal tiddlywinks with these punks. What I'd really like to do is take them out to Battery Park and hang them by the scrotum.
- Adam Schiff: An understandable sentiment -- but stick with the tiddlywinks.
- "I can't hate you. I'll be praying for God to watch over you every day you're in that awful place you're going to."
- – Mrs. Wheeler
- "Congratulations, Dale. You made your bones."
- – Lennie Briscoe on arresting Kershaw
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode is based on the Thomas Koskovich/Jason Vreeland murder case.
Episode scene cardsEdit
Luther C. Chase Academy
Archdiocese of New York
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|