Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|←||L&O, Episode 8.01||→|
|Production number: K2508|
First aired: 24 September 1997
| Written By|
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Carey Lowell as A.D.A. Jamie Ross
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
Recurring cast Edit
- Donna Murphy as Attorney Carla Tyrell
- Sig Libowitz as Attorney Stan Shatenstein
- Susan Blommaert as Judge Rebecca Steinman
- John Fiore as Detective Tony Profaci
- Pat Moya as Deborah Curtis
- Deirdre Lovejoy as C.S.U. Technician
Guest cast Edit
- James Handy as Mr. Wheeler
- Charles Levin as Mr. Schuster
- Suzanne Costollos as Mrs. Wheeler
- Ellen Muth as Adele Green
- Michael C. Maronna as Tagger / Dale Kershaw
- Rob McElhenney as Joey Timon
- Reed Birney as Archdioces Attorney
- Jan Munroe as Father Galva
- John Tormey as Tommy DeLuca
- Bill Christ as Reverend Gervais
- Thomas McHugh as Detective Byrne
- Nicholas Wyman as Judge Gavin Mickerson
- Ava-Marie Carnevale as Mrs. Timon
- Anne Lange as Headmistress
- Cynthia Hayden as Mrs. Green
- David S. Howard as Mr. Morris
- Jim Doerr as Sheehan
- Bob Ari as Owner
- Rosanna Carter as Mrs. Hemmerick
- Herb Lovelle as Mr. Hemmerick
- Kevin Hurley as Brother
- Christopher Innvar as Elliot Gill
- Nick Corley as Latent Technician
- Joe Zaloom as Avi
- William Pitts as Phone Company Worker
- Melissa Marsala as Marlene
- Bryan Greenberg as Matt Wheeler
- David Edward Jones as Police Officer
- Al Cayne as Hispanic Kid
- Beau Berdahl as Student
- Muhammad Ali
- James Dean
- Angelo Dundee
- Leopold Loeb
- Luther C. Carter Academy
- John Milton
- Lt. Van Buren: I'm afraid it is. You're implicated in a murder, little girl. So cut the bull.
- Lt. Van Buren: A thrill killing. I take it back, Lennie, I guess some people don't need a reason.
- Briscoe: I guess the macarena wasn't exciting enough for them.
- Curtis: You're a Catholic.
- McCoy: Not when I'm at work. I'm sorry.
- Ross: Thrill killers are protected by the Church. The law says two people can fire one bullet, and now the victim's mother forgives them. You figure it out.
- McCoy: You don't think you could? Forgive them, I mean.
- Ross: No.
- McCoy: Neither could I. What does that say about us?
- Schiff: Sounds like Leopold and Loeb. Who'd we get?
- McCoy: Beavis and Butthead.
- McCoy: I'm playing legal tiddlywinks with these punks. What I'd really like to do is take them out to Battery Park and hang them by the scrotum.
- Schiff: An understandable sentiment -- but stick with the tiddlywinks.
- "I can't hate you. I'll be praying for God to watch over you every day you're in that awful place you're going to."
- – Mrs. Wheeler
- "Congratulations, Dale. You made your bones."
- – Lennie Briscoe on arresting Tagger
- [Van Buren and her detectives, disguised as gang members, stake out Central Park in an attempt to find Tagger and Timon]
- Briscoe: Okay. So the rumble in the jungle-- The night before, Angelo Dundee gets a big wrench and goes around all 4 corners and loosens the top. That's the Rope-a-Dope!
- Lt. Van Buren: But it was Muhammad Ali who did the floatin' and the stingin'. The man was sweet! A poet!
- Gang Member: A real poet is Milton. You wanna understand the ways of God, Milton's your boy.
- Briscoe: When it comes to understandin' the ways of God, I prefer malt to Milton.
- Lt. Van Buren: I know! That's right! [laughs and high-fives Briscoe]
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode is based on the Thomas Koskovich/Jason Vreeland murder case.
Episode scene cardsEdit
Luther C. Chase Academy
Archdiocese of New York
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|