|←||CI, Episode 2.07||→|
|Production number: E3207|
First aired: 10 November 2002
| Teleplay By|
Stephanie Sengupta & René Balcer
The brutal murder of a rich man's children and their friend is a mystery until detectives start to focus on the strange fantasy life of the family's nanny.
The detectives investigate a triple murder, including the son and daughter of a wealthy businessman, that occurred in his apartment. After investigating the children's stepmother (his second wife), they turn to a pair of nannies, one of whom works for the family. However, the detectives must reach back to the nannies' history as children, and a television soap opera, in order to better understand the motives for the crime.
Main cast Edit
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
Guest cast Edit
- Tammy Blanchard as Sarah Eldon
- Merritt Wever as Hannah Price
- Frank Converse as Bill Davenport
- Sig Libowitz as Mr. Stan Shatenstein
- Noelle Beck as Tina Davenport
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- Brian Smiar as Mr. Eldon
- Maddie Corman as Marjorie Whilden
- Jason Pendergraft as Rick Davenport
- Ken Abraham as Detective Mooty
- Siri Baruc as Amanda Davenport
- Heidi Dippold as Ellen Montgomery
- Emma Lesser as Lucy Davenport
- Martha Millan as Jinny Canto
- Steven Randazzo as Judge Palladino
- Marisa Redanty as Elizabeth Carr
- Sloane Shelton as Mrs. Eldon
- Suzanne Hevner as Judith McNally
- Andy Powers as Josh Phillips
- Les McDonough as Court Clerk
- Liz Rebert as Shari
- Chloe Vedder as Abby
- "The evil stepmother had the kids whacked? By who, the big bad wolf?"
- – James Deakins
- Ron Carver: All you have is peas and corn kernels. You're a few lima beans short of succotash, Detectives.
- Robert Goren: Uh, Succotash?
- Ron Carver: Your evidence is anecdotal. I line up my shoes at night.
- Alexandra Eames: Why am I not surprised?
- Robert Goren: Do you or your husband take anti-anxiety pills?
- Marjorie Whilden: In the first place, I am divorced, and in the second, that is none of your business.
- Alexandra Eames: Sounds like a 'yes' on the pills.
- Robert Goren: Who's the worst pro bono lawyer you know?
- Ron Carver: The worst? That's easy. Stan Shatenstein.
- Robert Goren: Um, You know, hypothetically, how would we get Stan Shatenstein assigned to two defendants? What would we do?
- Ron Carver: What would you do? Hypothetically?
Background information and notes Edit
- Actress Tammy Blanchard (Sarah Eldon) previously appeared as Kelly D'Leah in the Law & Order: Special Victims Unit second season episode "Consent".
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|