|←||L&O, Episode 9.09||→|
|Production number: E0207|
First aired: 9 December 1998
| Written By|
Arthur W. Forney
The investigation of the murders of a man and his daughter leads to the man's wife, a Canadian citizen who flees across the border when she is identified as a suspect. Schiff initially agrees to take capital punishment out of consideration in return for extradition, but when further evidence indicates a pattern of depravity, he and McCoy retract the promise. Although the consulate intervenes on the defendant's behalf, she is found guilty and sentenced to death.
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Angie Harmon as A.D.A. Abbie Carmichael
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
Guest cast Edit
- Harvey Atkin as Judge Manheim
- Tara Bast as Wendy Naughton
- Larry Clarke as Detective Morris LaMotte
- Phillip Clark as Pete Barnett
- John Doman as Mr. Stephens
- Stephen Hanan as Mr. Peterson
- Robert Harper as John St. John
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- David Kener as Patrick Sinclair
- David Mogentale as Gerard Petoskey
- Glynnis O'Connor as Anne Paulsen
- Bellamy Young as Stephanie Harker
- Rebecca Creskoff as Charlotte Wexman
- Donnell Rawlings as Cabbie
- Jill Tracy as Cathy
- Nancy Nutter as Forewoman
- Tom Ligon as Gillespie
- Anney Giobbe as Suzanne
- Leo Marks as Slattery
- Jayson Williams as Turner
- McCoy: Your good friend Wendy told us that you'd been dumped before. Is that right?
- Stephanie: It happens.
- McCoy: By a rich boy who treated you like trash. Your father owned a souvenir stand, right?
- Stephanie: Yes.
- McCoy: Is that why the boy dumped you?
- Stephanie: There is nothing wrong with the souvenir stand.
- McCoy: Then why were you so desperate to get out of there?
- Stephanie: I had some bad memories.
- McCoy: Of being dumped because you were poor trash?
- Stephanie: Look, I was an idiot! He wanted one thing: My body, and he got it!
- McCoy: You weren't gonna let that happen again, were you?
- Stephanie: No!
- McCoy: From then on, you were going to be the one using people.
- Stephanie: I don't use people!
- McCoy: How 'bout the used car king? How 'bout your husband?
- Stephanie: I helped my husband in a lot of ways!
- McCoy: The chairman of a multi-million-dollar software company? How exactly does a drug-whacked daughter of a souvenir stand owner help him?!
- Stephanie: There were plenty of things my husband didn't understand. Him and his friends. Jane Austen, like that matters.
- McCoy: He understood you, though, didn't he?
- Stephanie: What do you mean?
- McCoy: He finally understood that you were just a hick town party girl who didn't belong here.
- Paulsen: Objection! He's harassing the witness.
- Judge Manheim: Sustained. Watch it, Mr. McCoy.
- Stephanie: I belong here as much as any of them!
- McCoy: Did he tell you he was shipping you out?!
- Stephanie: Nobody ships me anywhere!
- McCoy: He'd be able to face his friends again, wouldn't he?
- Stephanie: Bunch of snobs!
- Paulsen: Your honor, may we have a recess?
- McCoy: It's not being a snob if they're really better than you!
- Stephanie: The women were jealous of me! The men all wanted to get me in bed!
- McCoy: And you were happy to oblige!
- Stephanie: No! Not anymore! Nobody takes advantage of me anymore!
- McCoy: You were on your way back to that souvenir stand, weren't you?! Where you belong?
- Stephanie: I am smarter than all of them! They had it handed to them! I had to work for it! They think I was trash! They don't know anything!!
Background information and notes Edit
Crown Towers Hotel
Barnett's Used Cars
| Previous episode:|
| "True North"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|