|←||SVU, Episode 8.04||→|
|Production number: 08004|
First aired: 10 October 2006
| Written By|
The detectives investigate the case of a mother and her ten-year-old daughter who were found brutally murdered in their apartment. Stabler and Beck discover a homeless man whom the daughter befriended at the park with clippings of SVU cases and label him a suspect. It is then discovered that the homeless man is Munch's uncle, Andrew who is mentally ill. The detectives learn that evidence shows that a man, Brent Allan Banks is responsible for the murders. But unfortunately, the squad's only evidence against Brent is thrown out and he is attempting to leave the jurisdiction. Andrew takes matters into his own hands and Stabler and Beck attempt to stop him.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson (credit only)
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Diane Neal as A.D.A. Casey Novak
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang
- Tamara Tunie as Dr. Melinda Warner
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Connie Nielsen as Detective Dani Beck
- Peter McRobbie as Judge Walter Bradley
- Jill Marie Lawrence as Attorney Cleo Conrad
- Caren Browning as CSU Captain Judith Siper
- Ali Reza as Dr. Rohit Mehta
Guest cast Edit
- Jerry Lewis as Andrew Munch
- Timothy Adams as Brent Allen Banks
- William Hill as Landlord
- Ryan Brown as Trey Williams
- Jana Robbins as Sean Darringer
- Tara Bast as Maryellen Seaver
- Sam Riley as Patrolman Eric Bruney
- Roxane Carrasco as Mrs. Rojas
- Caitlin Sanchez as Lupe Rojas
- Jeannine Kaspar as Woman
- Beck: (looks at newspaper clippings) "Man wearing George Bush mask pulls girl into alley and sexually assaults her Halloween night."
- Stabler: Or at least she assumed it was a mask. We never did catch that guy.
- Beck: Maryellen had so many bite marks on her body, doctors couldn't count 'em all.
- Brent: Well... one man's bite is another man's hickey.
- Stabler: Just so you know... everybody loses it their first kid case.
- Beck: I'll get used to it.
- Stabler: When that happens, transfer out.
- Novak: The bite mark evidence was thrown out.
- Beck: Well, get it back in.
- Stabler: Judge already ruled on it.
- Novak: And because that evidence was our case, he threw out the indictment.
- Beck: How could you let that happen?
- Novak: I guess I suck.
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode appears to be ripped from the headlines of the Andrew Goldstein case. Goldstein was a mentally-ill man who pushed Kendra Webdale in front of a subway train.
- A reference to the original Law & Order episode "Asylum", where the search of a lean-to in Central Park was thrown out as it was considered to be the perpetrator's home. Logan and Cerreta did not have a warrant.
- John Munch is reunited with his uncle, Andrew Munch. Munch's father killed himself when Munch was 13.
- Connie Nielsen's and Jerry Lewis's characters exchange flirty dialogue about meeting in Paris for lunch. Nielsen's real-life film debut was Jerry Lewis's French film Par Où T'es Rentré? On T'a Pas Vu Sortir in 1984.
Episode scene cards Edit
Law Offices of
Manhattan Tennis Club
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|