Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|←||CI, Episode 7.09||→|
|Production number: CI7009|
First aired: 6 December 2007
| Written By|
Warren Leight, Charlie Rubin & Diana Son
Frank Goren convinces Robert to investigate the activities in a prison in upstate New York where his son is being held. While there undercover, Goren personally experiences the conditions there.
Frank Goren, who has unsuccessfully attempted to contact his brother Robert, convinces Eames to intercede on his behalf and convince Robert to talk to him. Robert, still angered by Frank's actions following their mother's death (Endgame), learns that he has a nephew Frank had not mentioned previously. He also learns that this nephew is being held in a prison in upstate New York, and that he claims to have witnessed the guards murder another prisoner and engage in cruel behavior. Robert agrees to do what he can to investigate.
Goren is rebuffed by Captain Ross, as he lacks jurisdiction. He decides to proceed nevertheless, filing off his fingerprints so they will not show he is a police officer. Keeping Eames in the loop, he gets himself arrested and sent to Tates Correctional Facility, the prison in question. Goren ends up locked up and purposefully dehydraded, coming close to dying before a worried Eames tells Captain Ross who forces the warden to release Goren. While the Chief of Detectives promises to look into Tate's activities, he is furious with Goren's actions and suspends him. At the same time Donnie escapes from prison and despite his best efforts, Goren is unable to find him.
Main cast Edit
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Eric Bogosian as Captain Danny Ross
Recurring cast Edit
- Mike Pniewski as Chief of Detectives Kenny Moran
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- Tony Goldwyn as Frank Goren
- Gary Patent as Ira Whipple
- Ean Sheehy as Joshua Simmons
Guest cast Edit
- Trevor Morgan as Donny Carlson
- Debra Monk as Warden Pellis
- Anne L. Nathan as Dr. Stern
- Jennifer Regan as Ellen Lowry
- Bill Christ as James Lowry
- Kevin Townley as Jay Lowry
- Don Sparks as Judge Clyde Averton
- Alecia Hurst as Nurse Nancy Wellend
- Stefan Tyler as Bruce Connors (uncredited)
- Wendy Baron as Wendy
- Paul Klementowicz as Eagle
- Curtiss Cook as Garvin
- David Wilson Barnes as Shep
- George Palermo as Manos
- Philip E Jones as Psycho Prisoner (uncredited)
- Goren: (yelling at Ross) Are you crazy?! That's not good enough!
Background information and notes Edit
Background information and notes
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|