|←||L&O, Episode 3.19||→|
|Production number: 68010|
First aired: 21 April 1993
| Written By|
René Balcer & Michael S. Chernuchin
The death of two diabetes patients is caused by a computer virus in the clinic that treated them.
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Michael Moriarty as Executive A.D.A. Benjamin Stone
- Richard Brooks as A.D.A. Paul Robinette
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Carolyn McCormick as Dr. Elizabeth Olivet (credit only)
Recurring cast Edit
- John Fiore as Detective Tony Profaci
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- Steven Keats as Defense Attorney George Zuckert
- Joanna Merlin as Defense Attorney Carla Bowman
- William Severs as Judge Henry Fillmore
Guest cast Edit
- Stephen Elliott as Dr. Hogan
- Dana Elcar as Robert Cook
- Paul Calderon as Rodriguez
- Stivi Paskoski as John Cook
- Tanya Berezin as Judge Janine Pate
- Beth Fowler as Mrs. Wrenn
- Harold Perrineau as Kenny Rinker
- David Kener as Stan Cohn
- John Dossett as Don Stuart
- Gary Cookson as Sifford
- Jim Fyfe as Robert Picard
- Patricia Kilgarriff as Nurse Hillary Berg
- Irving Metzman as Gene Magee
- Armand Schultz as Dr. Morris
- Chet Carlin as James Kendall
- Lynne Marta as Debra Hill
- Kevin Rock as Doug Brewer
- Jim Moody as Judge Stewart
- Alex Tanaka as Neil Andrade
- James A. Baffico as Henninger
- "Catch the call, catch the bagel."
- – Tony Profaci (taunting Logan for a free bagel)
- Lennie Briscoe: Our informant said these people were killed.
- Don Cragen: Next time he calls, tell him to say hi to Elvis.
- "Too much insulin, you wind up a permanent guest at the Sunny von Bülow rest home."
- – Mike Logan
- "Unless this guy's killing people by mind control, I suggest you apologize."
- – Don Cragen
- Computer Technician: D.O.D. Department of Doom, it's a local hacker gang. Best known for hacking into the Department of Sanitation's computer. Shut down garbage collection for two days.
- Lennie Briscoe: Probably took that long for anybody to notice.
- "That seems high for the entire island of Manhattan, unless these people were knocking on heaven's door to begin with."
- – Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- "It isn't as if we do backroom abortions here. Diabetes is a disease, not a social issue."
- – Dr. Hogan
- Lennie Briscoe: I wish people would stick to bullets or knives [instead of computer viruses].
- Mike Logan: What? you don't like progress?
- Lennie Briscoe: I like it when people take a personal interest in their work.
- "Little Johnny just graduated to murder two. Read him his rights."
- – Paul Robinette
- "Rock and roll gives me a headache. That doesn't mean I'm part of a conspiracy to kill John Lennon."
- – Adam Schiff
- Ben Stone: We had the kid dead to rights. Now we can't use any of the evidence, not even his name.
- Adam Schiff: I didn't know the Bill of Rights was written to make your life easier.
Background information and notes Edit
- The episode title "Virus" is a reference to the computer virus that created a malfunction at a Diabetes clinic which results in the deaths of two patients.
- On the third season DVD boxset, the title of this episode is listed as Computer Virus.
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|