|←||SVU, Episode 4.08||→|
|Production number: E3111|
First aired: 15 November 2002
| Written By|
Dawn DeNoon & Lisa Marie Petersen
An emergency visit for a coma patient reveals the woman to be seven weeks pregnant. The investigation is hampered when the victim's doctor attempts an abortion.
The investigation into the rape of a comatose woman named Stephanie Rawley, leads to a doctor whose stem cell research is funded by a billionaire with Parkinson's disease who is desperate for a cure.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Stephanie March as A.D.A. Alexandra Cabot
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Peter Hermann as Attorney Trevor Langan
- Jill Marie Lawrence as Attorney Cleo Conrad
- David Lipman as Judge Arthur Cohen
- Rob Bartlett as Attorney Milton Schoenfeld
Guest cast Edit
- Bruce Davison as Dr. Graham Mandell
- Henry Woronicz as Mr. Rawley
- Steve Key as Wesley Dilbert
- Rainn Wilson as Janitor
- Lisa Pelikan as Dr. Garrison
- Ian Kahn as David Anderson
- Judy Gold as Forensic Gynecologist
- Chandra Wilson as Nurse Jenkins
- Philip Bosco as Davis Langley
- JoBeth Williams as Mrs. Rawley
- Carmen Román as Nurse Yates
- John C. Vennema as Funeral Director Upson
- Thomas Lyons as Dr. Sedaly
- Lucia Brawley as Maxine Hatters
- Dion Graham as Samuel Hill
- Darren Ritchie as PT Clark
- Rick Johnson as Clerk
- Donald Cragen: Counselor, question - what would it take to blanket DNA an entire facility?
- Alexandra Cabot: A constitutional amendment.
- Odafin Tutuola: What was that?
- John Munch: Good police work. Here's your DNA.
- Fin: I don't even want to think how under-reported coma rape is.
- Munch: Well, victims don't tend to come forward.
- Fin: Questioning the father as a suspect is never a crowd-pleaser.
- Munch: Verbal vitriol you'd expect, anyone else think the father protests a bit too much? You're not a father.
- Fin: You don't have a raped daughter in a coma with a devil cake in the oven.
- Cabot: Because it's illegal to buy and sell body parts, by law they have no monetary value.
- Dr. Huang: You mean, I could go to jail for stealing a toaster, but not for stealing a woman's eggs?
- Benson: Why would Davis Langley want custody of that baby?
- Stabler: Guilt?
- Cabot: Survival. If he's granted custody, along with the baby comes the umbilical cord.
- Stabler: I've cut four of them, it's not exactly something you save for the scrapbook.
- Cabot: Cord blood is chock full of stem cells.
- Benson: Half of which will be his perfect genetic match.
Background information and notes Edit
Background information and notes
Episode scene cards Edit
Leake Walley Architecture
Trial Part 74
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|