Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"We Like Mike"|
|←||L&O, Episode 7.20||→|
|Production number: K1125|
First aired: 30 April 1997
| Written By|
Gardner Stern & I.C. Rapoport
A good Samaritan's life is thrown into turmoil when he is accused of murder.
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Carey Lowell as A.D.A. Jamie Ross
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
Guest cast Edit
- Reiko Aylesworth as Tiffany Sherman
- John Doman as Sergeant Frank Gottlieb
- Ron Frazier as Judge Aldo Ianello
- Steven Goldstein as Rabbi Kornstein
- Frank John Hughes as Mike Bodack
- Fernando López as Tony Garcia
- Patricia Mauceri as Virginia Watts
- Benny Nieves as Ricky Garcia
- Dina Pearlman as Ruth Gottlieb
- James Reno as Lieutenant Brosnan
- Richard Ziman as Dr. Marienthal
- Marcell Rosenblatt as Court Reporter
- Robert Montano as CSU Technician
- Michelle Hurst as Public Defender
- Phil Kaufmann as Stan
- Gaetano Lisi as Technician
- Marty Grabstein as Ackerman
- Santo Fazio as Miles
- Stuart Burney as Joostens
- Casey Siemaszko as Shuman
- Ron Weyand as Father Dimitrius
- Penelope Willis as Nurse
- Henry Yuk as Lao
- [Briscoe and Curtis talk to the owner of the donut shop while investigating Matthew Sherman's murder]
- Donut shop owner: How perfect is this? Cops talkin' to a donut guy.
- Curtis: Yeah. Tell us about the customer who came in just before the girl. The one who cleaned his hands?
- Donut shop owner: Barely a customer. He takes about 50 napkins, and then he starts to leave. Well, after I call him on it, he orders a coffee, then thinks he's a big shot, because he tips be a quarter.[hands Briscoe his wastebasket] What I lost on napkins, I barely broke even!
- [Briscoe extracts the dirty napkins Mike threw out from the wastebasket and hands them to another cop]
- Briscoe: Take these down to the lab.
- Cop: Right.
- Briscoe: [to the shop owner] Did he mention his name or say where he was comin' from or goin' to?
- Donut shop owner: Nothin', except "gimme a coffee", and how if he wasn't gettin' married next week, he'd be puttin' the moves on the girl, which I thought that was outta line. But I didn't say anything, because it's not my business. My business is sellin' donuts.
- Briscoe: Thanks for clearin' that up.
- Mike: There was another guy. I passed a guy halfway down the block from where I left the car. A Puerto Rican guy.
- Curtis: Yeah. That's how we solve homicides too. Nearest Puerto Rican did it.
(Examining gunshot victim.)
- Curtis: He's got scraped-up knuckles. Maybe he put up a fight.
- Briscoe: ...and lost.
- Ricky: Can I say how I didn't mean to do it?
- Briscoe: You mean how you only shot him 'cause he wouldn't give you his watch? Yeah, yeah. The DA'll like that.
- Schiff: It's nice to know that the entire criminal justice system rests on the shoulders of a Mike Bodack.
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode appears to be based on the 1997 murder of Bill Cosby's son Ennis in Los Angeles.
| Previous episode:|
| "We Like Mike"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|