|←||L&O, Episode 3.05||→|
|Production number: 68004|
First aired: 21 October 1992
| Written By|
Robert Nathan & Edward Pomerantz
After the body of a teen is fished out of the river, a case develops involving sweatshops and the enslavement of immigrant youngsters.
Main cast Edit
- Paul Sorvino as Sergeant Phil Cerreta
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Michael Moriarty as Executive A.D.A. Benjamin Stone
- Richard Brooks as A.D.A. Paul Robinette
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
Recurring cast Edit
- Larry Keith as Attorney Francis "Frank" Dunlap
- Donald Corren as Forensic Technician Medill
- Lee Shepherd as Judge Joseph Gannon
Guest cast Edit
- Patti D'Arbanville as Betty Drake
- John Pankow as Charles Meadow
- Bill Raymond as Ellis Drake
- José Zúñiga as Rudy Amendariz
- Lisa Vidal as Lena Armendariz
- Walter Bobbie as Fred Drake
- Iraida Polanco as Katy Ander
- Víctor Sierra as Alejandro Lopez
- Leslie Lyles as Sharon Sacks
- Carol Harris as Judge Adrinne Goldman
- Bill Fiore as Ray Russo
- Bill Nelson as Markson
- John C. Vennema as Victor Shay
- Vincent Pastore as Dominick
- Stewart J. Zully as Steinmetz
- José Rabelo as Madero
- Manuel E. Santiago as Tejada
- Larry Ramos as Luis Lopez
- Anthony Patellis as Ulasewitz
- Glenn Taranto as Manetti
- Richard Ferrone as Jenner
- Jose Soto as Hector
- Stan Schwartz as Fisherman
- "Bar Association dinner next week, Adam's getting an award. I bought a new tuxedo. I have to wonder who made it."
- – Benjamin Stone
- "You work in a sweatshop, you don't get to wear one of these at the altar."
- – Mike Logan
- Frank Dunlap: I asked them to plead, Ben. They don’t understand the odds on conviction.
- Benjamin Stone: Sophisticated they’re not.
- Frank Dunlap: That’s right. This lady gets a cold, she wants to go to Lourdes.
- Donald Cragen: They had people here who were slaves?
- Mike Logan: Handcuffs. And they weren't playing cops and robbers.
- "In politics, two choices: do nothing, do something. Nothing has fewer risks. I hope we have a case."
- – Adam Schiff
- Adam Schiff: You had to lose your temper.
- Benjamin Stone: She lied, Adam. She denied everything.
- Adam Schiff: With that husband, who can blame her. Compared to what he can do, you’re threatening to take away her hairdresser.
- Benjamin Stone: I’ll get a perjury indictment based on a deposition.
- Adam Schiff: Good. When you go to trial, invite a couple of law students to provide the laughter. Why I thought this was winnable. I assume we had some kind of witness. Without one we're going to lose.
- "Slavery...I woke up this morning, I thought it was the 20th century."
- – Adam Schiff
- Mike Logan: He threatened me with that pool cue. This case is pushing my buttons.
- Phil Cerreta: The next button might be the Civilian Review Board.
Background information and notes Edit
Episode scene cardsEdit
Home Of Katy Andon
| Previous episode:|
"The Corporate Veil"
| "Wedded Bliss"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|