|First Appearance||L&O: "Damaged"|
|Last Appearance||TBJ: "Truth or Consequences"|
Judge William Wright had an adversarial relationship with ADA Jack McCoy, often using his position as Judge to dismiss several of McCoy's convictions. In "Damaged", he overturns a rape conviction of a group of teenagers who had sex with a mentally retarded teenage girl, citing her testimony that it was consensual.
In "Gunshow", he overturns a conviction against a gun manufacturer, who had sold guns that could be modified to make them even more deadly, because the prosecution was unable to establish how hazardous the weapon used in a mass murder was, nor that the shooter used it as intended by the manufacturer.
Cases tried Edit
- People vs. Hayden McLaughlin, Randall Baxter, and Roscoe Johnson (L&O: "Damaged")
- People vs. Dr. Bill Rudnick and Dr. Peter Michaels (L&O: "Harm")
- People vs. Mr. Weber (L&O: "Gunshow")
- People vs. Carl Reger (L&O: "Dissonance")
- People vs. Justin Birch, Carter McSherry, and Danny Wallace (TBJ: "Truth or Consequences")