|←||SVU, Episode 3.02||→|
|Production number: E2314|
First aired: 5 October 2001
| Written By|
Jean de Segonzac
A serial killer is targeting individuals related to some of Detective Benson's former cases and Olivia becomes personally involved in the case. The stress of the situation causes Detective Benson to begin to doubt her effectiveness as a detective and creates a rift between her and Detective Stabler.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Stephanie March as A.D.A. Alexandra Cabot
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
Guest cast Edit
- John Doman as Special Agent Rod Franklin
- Lee Shepherd as Mr. Platt
- Richard Joseph Paul as Adam Cordell
- Ebony Jo-Ann as Mrs. Harding
- Daryl Edwards as Group Home Leader
- Divina Cook as Mrs. Barrantes
- Ben Gazzara as E.A.D.A.
- Justin Kirk as Eric Plummer
- Orlagh Cassidy as Valerie Plummer
- Melissa Maxwell as Bank Manager
- L. Trey Wilson as Bruce Derricks
- Patrick Husted as Warehouse Landlord
- Larry Block as Lonnie
- Hassan Johnson as Junior
- Jernard Burks as Russell Williams
- Denise Bessette as Janice
- John Bianco as Victor Klaussen
- Larry Mitchell as Book Seller
- Stephen Paul Johnson as Dr. Lawrence
- Brent Meyer as Michael Washington
- Ed Bogdanowicz as ESU Officer
- Rob Leo Roy as Dr. Talbot
- Irene Mazeski as Shirley
- Michael McCauley as FBI Agent #2
- Dave Trovato as FBI Agent #1
- Olivia Benson: We've gotten warrants based on less, why are you stonewalling?
- ADA Alex Cabot: This is different and you know it. Once a judge hears the suspect's history, he's gonna bend over backwards for the guy.
- Olivia Benson: I saw him, Alex. Plummer is stalking me.
- ADA Alex Cabot: How did he know where you were when he was in the interview room being questioned?
- Olivia Benson: He must've overheard.
- ADA Alex Cabot: Okay, how many businesses are in the area near Chauncey's?
- Olivia Benson: I don't know, several. Why? Where are you going with this?
- ADA Alex Cabot: Any decent defense attorney is going to say that Mr. Plummer was in the area running errands, that it was just a coincidence.
- Olivia Benson: He has killed four people and we're doing nothing.
- ADA Alex Cabot: How many drinks did you have? [Olivia pauses] Olivia, the system made a mistake before, now everything we do is under a microscope.
- Olivia Benson: [pause] I wasn't drunk.
- Elliot Stabler [after he puts a police detail on Olivia]: I didn't tell you about the detail because I knew you'd refuse.
- Olivia Benson: Only the rat-squad puts cops on other cops, Elliot, without telling them. I deserve better than that. Especially from you.
- Elliot Stabler: [pauses] You've been under a lot of stress lately...
- Olivia Benson: I've always backed your play.
- Elliot Stabler: And I did what I had to do. The guy's murdered four people, what's to stop him from coming after you, Olivia?
- Olivia Benson: If you can't trust your partner, Elliot, it's time to get a new one.
- Olivia Benson: I'm fine.
- Elliot Stabler: I'm not. Some low-life's out to get you.
- Olivia Benson: If he wanted to take me out, he would've tried it already.
- Elliot Stabler [to Olivia]: What about some dinner?
- Olivia Benson: When was the last time your kids saw your ugly mug?
- Elliot Stabler: Come on, I'll set an extra plate.
- Olivia Benson: Nah, see you tomorrow.
- Olivia Benson: We blame all kinds of people for creating monsters. Why not ourselves?
- Olivia Benson: You worried about something?
- Don Cragen: Your safety.
- Eric Plummer: I was innocent.
- Olivia Benson: Yes, you were, but then you killed four innocent people.
- Eric Plummer: Three innocent people, and one child abuser. I thought cops cared about the facts.
- John Munch: The victims were pumped full of potassium chloride. Death was painless.
- Fin Tutuola: Like that makes a difference.
- Olivia Benson: It wasn't your name stenciled on that door, so whose ass are you really covering?
- Elliot Stabler: Let's go.
- Olivia Benson: I can't, got to give my statement.
- Elliot Stabler: I'll take it.
- Olivia Benson: You, leave me alone.
- Dr. George Huang [to Olivia]: Hey, I was just trying to get in our man's head.
- Olivia Benson: He hates me so he kills people that I tried to help.
- Dr. George Huang: How does that make you feel?
- Olivia Benson: How would you feel?
- Dr. George Huang: Relax, I'm not trying to shrink you.
- Olivia Benson: Yes, you are. Every statement's interpretive. Trying to make something out of nothing.
- Dr. George Huang: It's my job. I used to interview some of the most dangerous psychopaths. It's all I did.
- Olivia Benson: Profiling serial killers, it sounds like a lot of fun.
- Dr. George Huang: It's why I joined the FBI. They had access to all the disorders that I wanted to study. Until I got complacent.
- Olivia Benson: Were you attacked?
- Dr. George Huang: I was interviewing a psychopath and I missed him calculate how much time there was to kill me before the guards hit the door. It was a... It was a close call.
- Olivia Benson: He got into your head.
- Dr. George Huang: The way this perp is in yours. Instead of attacking you directly, he's hurting the people around you. It's psychological warfare.
- Olivia Benson: He's been planning this for a while.
- Dr. George Huang: He posed the bodies comforting each other. Potassium chloride is a painless death. He's freeing them.
- Olivia Benson: From what?
- Dr. George Huang: From the miserable existence that you left them in. He felt like they were suffering and so he euthanized them. He identifies with them. He sees himself as your victim, too.
Background information and notes Edit
- This is the second episode in which Detective Olivia Benson has a stalker. Her first stalker was Richard White in the first season episode "Stalked". This is also the second (and as of January 2016, final) time that she is forced to shoot a suspect. In the episode "Disrobed" she shot Roger Silver.
- This is actor Ned Eisenberg's first appearance as Defense Attorney Roger Kressler. He played several other Defense Attorneys throughout the Law & Order franchise.
- Huang tells Olivia that he had a "close call" in which a prisoner nearly killed him before being stopped by the guards. A very similar incident occurs to him (again) when he and Stabler interview Death Row inmate Matthew Brodus in "Execution."
Episode scene cards Edit
Home of Adam Cordell
West 125th Street
Heaven Scent Flowers
Lonnie's Bail Bonds
Office of Executive Assistant
Home of Eric Plummer
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|